Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk3 brake light feed

MikeSh

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

the can bus adapter will have been a universal one it would be used for the brake and reverse signals, according to your destructions there is no VSS in

The canbus module provides a '12V at <6mph' output which was fed to the parking module. I did see the Steelmate specific instructions and there were several connections between the two, but the installer took them away and I couldn't find them online. The way it was installed and heavily bandaged in tape made trying to trace it all out night impossible, it all being behind the instrument cluster, so it was easier to revert it to the document I do have.

There is a pin-out diagram on the canbus module which I can pic and post if you want, but as you say, it's universal and doesn't show the specific interconnections needed for the Steelmate.

ah i see, it uses that module to turn the unit on and off - it uses can bus to pick up the speed

• Like 1

Aaarrgghh. Got it sorted and all back together ... and now there's a rattle behind the dash 🙄

Sounds like a wire touching a plastic part, so I guess I'll have to dive in again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links