Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ULEZ

Peter Balcombe

A mistake or a welcome surprise? On using the Transport for London ULEZ app I was very surprised to learn that my aging 2009 (new model) Avensis Tourer 2.2l D4-D is ULEZ compliant and should I enter London would not be required to pay ULEZ but would of course have to pay the congestion charge should I enter the central boroughs. As the car is Euro 4 not Euro 6 I am dubious as to whether the information is correct. The issue is of marginal interest to me as I live on the outskirts of Norwich. In an effort to double check the information I entered the registrations of similarly aged Avensis diesels advertised for sale on eBay and found some were compliant and some were not. 

Explanation anyone?

• Like 1

See later posts in the following topic:

• Like 1

As long as the car's official levels for NOx and particulate matter (PM) as shown on the V5C are within the permitted levels for ULEZ compliance , then the fact that the car is Euro 4, 5 or 6 doesn't actually matter. Obviously all Euro 6 cars will comply, but some pre-Euro 6 diesels have low enough NOx and PM figures to comply too. 

I have seen people mention on here before that their Rav4 and Avensis 2.2 diesels are ULEZ compliant, despite being E4 or 5. I think it was the 'D-CAT' models particularly which had lower NOx and PM levels than others and therefore seem to comply. 

• Like 1

Toyota has used a D-cat system on a lot of avensis diesels since 2003 most of the 2.2 are D-4D D-cat

D-Cat is a combined Catalytic convertor and DPF known as DPNR Toyota was away ahead of its time with this tech

https://media.toyota.co.uk/the-new-toyota-avensis-2-2-d-4d-and-2-2-d-4d-clean-power/

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links