Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Infotainment USB connection

awdl22125

Hi

I just purchased a Toyota Aygo 2019, and I cannot get Android Auto to connect, I have tried various cables and different phones. When I plug a USB cable into my phone it recognizes it and begins charging but does not recognize it to connect to Android Auto.

Does the multimedia unit have two or three buttons??

The three button unit has Android Auto and the two button unit doesn't.

• Like 1

That is incorrect, Auto Android is supported on Toyota Aygo models from 2018

Screenshot2023-09-03223729.thumb.png.e03553bceed629fdbd87594c2d9a3695.png

To clarify Android Auto/Apple Carplay became available on some versions of the 2018 facelift Aygo. The multimedia units with 3 buttons on the facia have AA/Carplay - those with 2 buttons don't.

E.g. See the previous topic below:

That's what I thought, how can I tell if my Aygo is set up for Android Auto, it is there in the settings on the Infotainment system but my phone does not connect via USB, but it does show as charging the phone

Look in the menu for android settings wen I am home I take some pictures for you how and were to find it I have one from 2018 and it works just fine

This may not help, but I'm going to throw it in anyway as the end result may be the same for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

I have an iPhone, and have a cable that is used to connect to my son's Aygo went faulty. It works fine to charge the phone, but will not connect to his Apple CarPlay. When we use a different cable, everything works perfectly.

Have you tried a different cable, preferably the original cable that came with the phone?

32 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Have you tried a different cable, preferably the original cable that came with the phone?

Need to use a data cable - often the cable that comes with a phone is a data cable, whereas third party cables may only be charging cables.

19 hours ago, awdl22125 said:

Hi

I just purchased a Toyota Aygo 2019, and I cannot get Android Auto to connect, I have tried various cables and different phones. When I plug a USB cable into my phone it recognizes it and begins charging but does not recognize it to connect to Android Auto.

Try this AWD

The euro name for the 3 button system is Triple Play, UK and else where it has the snappy name of x-touch with Smartphone
Integration powered by Pioneer
- Android auto is USB only - a decent quality cable is a must - if Apple make sure it is MFI certified

Brand wise Anker or Belkin

Make sure you have the app installed on your phone and is up-to-date

The full manual can be found here - https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/2f9eecda-0ac2-4542-aa77-b5fc8c7cc4cb/Aygo_Pioneer Multimedia System_en.pdf

• Like 1

Hi, thanks to everyone who offered advice but it still is not working. It's not the cables (I have tried several including the original cable that came with the phone), The USB port is receiving power as it charges the phone, maybe Android Auto is not fitted to my vehicle although it is in the settings as an option. I wonder if I need a software update?

Try a USB stick with some mp3s on it

Mirrorlink is defunct not many devices support it, that's why I don't suggest it

If plays mp3's from a stick, that's a start

what are your software versions in system information

I have a 2017, the mirrorlink doesn't seem to be working with my phone, If also a satnav would work could be ok, is it better to replace the DIN to that Android auto? would it fit? thanks.

If you connect your phone to a computer , often you need to watch the phone screen and allow to connect and you need to choose for what exactly.

So... when you connect, wake up the phone screen too and check if it is asking you about anything. 

Also in the multimedia, you need to choose to connect for phone usage but also the other things (doubting what it shows...  music and data (???))

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links