Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris SatNav fails when hot.

Lesolee

When it is hot (>27°C) my SatNav tells me it is not fitted. It has done this off and on for years, but it is not usually that hot here in the UK. Since the car is 9 years old, and the warranty will soon become void, I contacted my local dealer to get it fixed. I even sent them an MP4 of it in the faulty state. Two months later and they are still arguing about if it is covered by the warranty (It is a factory fitted Touch and Go system, part of the mutimedia system, which is explicitly listed on the Relax warranty)

Imagine my excitement when I got an email from SLM group with an online check-in form which correctly identified the service to diagnose and fix the SatNav problem. That was Tuesday. I completed the form within 20 minutes of receiving the check-in request. Here we are Friday of the same week, with me going to SLM Attleborough, and the service manager saying he didn’t know anything about a booking, and the part hadn’t arrived, and the warranty claim hadn’t been approved, and he doesn’t do all this online stuff, and that is done by somebody else who wasn’t there. Apparently there are far too many systems doing all this stuff “automatically”.

Toyota: great cars.

SLM Toyota. Seriously. Sort you stuff out!

Hi Leslie,

We use SLM Attleborough and since we purchased and use them for  servicing the car have found them to be really helpful. obviously an error by someone and whilst it is really annoying that this happens I would like to think they will sort it out for you.

Let us know how you get on.👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links