Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear led lamp broken , yaris hybrid 2019

Vlad Apostu

hello forum, is it possible to change that led / bulb with a tutorial or something? I hope I don't have to change the whole lamp for that led , thx a lot

IMG_4889.jpeg

• Like 1

The LED is part of the light so you are going to have to buy the whole unit fortunately there are lots for sale on the second hand market.

A word of warning that may save someone reading this some money -

Some people think LED's last forever as you have found out they dont so if you dont have money to burn and have the choice buy a car that doesn't have them in the main lights,  i have seen front lights prices as high as £300 i shudder to think what the will be for "premium" cars.

Edit to add - :shocking:

image.thumb.png.1dbb400645dee67128c0af1e2aacf81b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yup I agree there, the are an awful lot of cars running around with only one headlight, be it they haven't noticed or they know but are putting off the £300+ in some cases till the MOT is due.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You see a lot of cars with front and rear lights not working and most are not led lights.

• Like 1

Your best approach is to remove the light fitting  (electronic led bulb) from the rear so you can read the data off the bulb assembly simlar to a normal bulb fitting but the light travals around via a plastic strip giving a impression of a expensive light fitting.

You dont always need the full light cluster assembly..

I suspect that may be a connector problem.

I did replace the LEDs in my high level brake light with some success. You may need to dismantle it and look on somewhere like eBay for LED strips.

12 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I have seen front lights prices as high as £300 i shudder to think what the will be for "premium" cars.

MX5 Mk4 around £1050 each for the all-singing all-dancing LED units.  My Eunos LED 7" round ones are £40

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links