Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(2010 Avensis T4 auto diesel) push start engine wont start

Adedotun

i had my avensis 2010 diesel engine (automatic) replaced with new Battery. the fob key is detected by the car but no lights on the dash board and engine push button wont start even if I put the fob key against the start button. the fob key still controls the door and head lamps.

PLS HELP URGENTLY!! 

to add the auto electrician checked all the fuses and they had no problem

Heard somewhere that after replacing Battery, keyfob stopped working, think the issue was with wrong Battery voltage, but can be mistaken. Try old Battery, if you have it, and check what is the voltage on it.

Other solution, that I can think of, is to remove the battery completely and try to place keyfob against the start button, maybe it could read it and start the car.

thanks fers.... i have tried all tricks but to no avail. i welcome more suggestions 

fuses have been checked and have no problem.  The puzzling point is that the ignition can't come on so diagnosis can't be run on it to read the issue.  Could it be that ECU is faulty? 

7 hours ago, Adedotun said:

fuses have been checked and have no problem.  The puzzling point is that the ignition can't come on so diagnosis can't be run on it to read the issue.  Could it be that ECU is faulty? 

There could be bunch of options, for which I personally cannot suggest any cause of lack of knowledge. If anyone else, cannot point you to any direction where to look, my best suggestion would be to go to car electrician and let him check the wiring diagram and see what is going on.

Edit: By any chance, did you install any "beauty" elements near the Start button? Like rings, that goes around the button? Seen few people doing this, and after installing the remote will not work because the signal is being blocked by the "beauty" element (think it's made of metal)

Get the auto electrician to check the immobiliser; I have come across instances like these where it stays enabled.

thanks for the suggestions I will consider them. Meanwhile I have attached the pic of the dashboard for your perusal and comments

• 2 weeks later...

guys 

i have since gotten two different auto electricians to solve this issue but they keep telling me they can't run a diagnosis on the avensis 2010 because the ignition(it is a push start engine) is not working. 

has anyone had a situation where a diagnosis can be run on a car without ignition?

the Battery in the car is new, the fuses are in good condition too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links