Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK3 Yaris buzzing

Ian saunders

Hi all wondered if you could help? My 1.5 MK3 has this afternoon started a intermittent double beep ,not speed related ,no warning signs on ,all lane departure and traffic systems are off and have not been changed since I had car ,any ideas much appreciated  

Speed camera warning? It can do it even if not actually using guidance, just with the map up. You get one about a half mile out and another at the camera location, but you can also get just the half mile one if you turn off before the camera.

Something I found can set of an annoying beeping is if you put something with any weight to it on the passenger seat, which triggers the passenger seatbelt warning to start beeping. Bags with even just a modest weight placed on the passenger seat if they press on the cushion sensor mounted in the middle of the seat cushion can trigger the beeping.

Cheers for replies ,did not have map on ,the wife was on passenger seat ,there was no consistency to when it sounded ,just 2 loud beeps way louder than the speed warning system ,will ask dealer tom . To see if I have  done anything stupid. 

6 hours ago, Ian saunders said:

Cheers for replies ,did not have map on ,the wife was on passenger seat ,there was no consistency to when it sounded ,just 2 loud beeps way louder than the speed warning system ,will ask dealer tom . To see if I have  done anything stupid. 

What speed are you doing when this happens? Do you have parking sensors at all?

Speed is variable I have rear parking sensors ,this has only started yesterday owned car for a year - no issues until this the only variable is I tried the sat nav for the first time but it was not on when this started. 

3 hours ago, Ian saunders said:

the only variable is I tried the sat nav for the first time

That has probably woken the scamera warnings up.

I can't remember exactly what car/display conditions the sound warnings occur (I'm so used to them) but using navigation isn't necessary. They certainly happen if the map is displayed, but I'm not sure about eg. power monitor display (those are the two I regularly drive with - I don't use audio while travelling). It may even be for a time after changing away from the map display.

You can check if these beeps are the camera warnings by displaying the map while travelling a route past a camera. Select the map when you start as it may involve something over the air along with the traffic info which may take a little while to download. (That's why I think using it for the first time may have triggered it.)

What colour is the key icon on the dash, keyless entry and start ?? (start button)

replace the Battery in the fob, use a decent branded cell (should be a CR2032)

do both of you drive the car ? Both keys in the car can cause random issues

Cheers all ,I suspect sat nav also ,how do I deactivate this ? Or is it a dealer reset ? Car isn't start button model it is 6 speed manual 

Cheers to Mike Sh think it is speed camera alerts , however when map is on or radio is on or audio is turned off it still beeps . On a slightly different topic when looking at radio selection eg dab or FM I have a icon called aha which when I tap it ,it says not supported by Toyota ? Is this a normality? 

1 hour ago, Ian saunders said:

however when map is on or radio is on or audio is turned off it still beeps .

I've been past our local camera advance warning point three times today (but not the camera). First time the display was just on Energy and it didn't beep. Second time I put the map display up and it beeped, then when I got home I put it back to Energy, so it wouldn't start with maps next time. So third time, with only the Energy display from start ... it beeped. 🤔

So it seems to have it's own agenda.

I think you can turn the camera alerts off in the settings.

Cheers again will delve into that ,oh to just drive a car I must be getting old ! 

• Haha 1

Silence achieved , settings then map icon then untick show speed cameras ,cheers for input 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, Ian saunders said:

On a slightly different topic when looking at radio selection eg dab or FM I have a icon called aha which when I tap it ,it says not supported by Toyota ? Is this a normality? 

Norwegian I think 😉

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:46 PM, Ian saunders said:

Cheers to Mike Sh think it is speed camera alerts , however when map is on or radio is on or audio is turned off it still beeps . On a slightly different topic when looking at radio selection eg dab or FM I have a icon called aha which when I tap it ,it says not supported by Toyota ? Is this a normality? 

Aha™ Radio—Use your phone to easily access and organize your favorite content from the web into personalized, live, on-demand stations, then sync the experience to your car with your paired smartphone with Bluetooth® connection. For more information, visit aharadio.com. Setting up Aha™ Radio.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links