Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR touch 2 with multimedia system not working update

Drinky77

Hoping someone can help.

I have a 2018 Toyota C-HR, i have paid for the map updates and traffic services etc via the store. but recently noticed traffic updates weren't working, suspect for a while, possibly since last map update a few months ago.  so after having a fiddle i noticed It wasn’t enabled in setting under traffic so re enabled for “traffic over internet” as my phone is tethered via BT for internet. However it asked me to log into to my Toyota account, which I did, but it game me a message that the satnav needs to be registered on my.toyota.eu.   and it is from here the real issues started

Obviously given ive done many updates in the past etc the device is properly registered etc. and it made me think it possibly been not working (traffic) since last map update, and  I noticed there was a new map available so downloaded it and tried to update the map to see if that helped fix the traffic problem.

And it is here the problems started, I started the upgrade off, and removed a number of countries from the update as I really don’t drive abroad and was trying to speed the process up, I then left the car doing the unpacking of update etc.

I came back later at least an hour and everything was off indicating it was finished, however nothing seemed quite right. Tried turning car off and on, and I suddenly noticed when the car is started the multimedia device goes to the black screen saying “hybrid” and stays on there for over a minute before eventually going to the blue background just saying “audio off”.

However when I try and press any of the buttons nothing happens at all, I cant turn audio on or go to any the screens etc. if I press power button for say 10 seconds the screen does reboot, and goes into the same cycle of  about a minute to turn on.

Ive since managed to find the “secret menu”  and  im not entirely sure what is what here, but did find a “system check” option

On which it returns :

DA – OK

NAVI BOX – NRES

This is obviously linked to the upgrade I suspect not completing properly,  has anyone got any ideas how to recover or restore ? as im not convinced with my local dealership really being able to help much with this. But as things stand I cant even use he radio or access any the  menus etc. (the reversing camera does come on still however)

ive captured and shared some pictures of some of the screens from the hidden menu if that helps.

9f1cd3af7333e09146529f436fbd6855538d8671a30788c31fda2510bd20c45386c8ec3c0c567b4b5c057dae55a69a88b263c3b55916ff64f57c5bc485a02fad857da01c59420842f1922776f8b82dd19fc47a008ff15532bcf6e0da03734f5c574a10c3e0161b7fcf735f90b8bc8b1705f51c19878865a3723c05b8546e6a1ad0a836897afe3fe32a1ebd28

so finally managed to sort it, the problem with the trying to re start upgrade las the device was stuck in "Audio off", thus wasnt in any right state to start an upgrade, and the power button to turn it on was un responsive, i was through lots of patience however to eventually get the "mode" button on the steering when to spring it into action and change it to the radio mode, at which point / position i was eventually able to get the latest map software to download, which thankfully sorted the issue out!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links