Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Highlander has "left the factory"

PeteB

An email arrived today saying my car's on its way.  Looking at the map on MyT it'll travel via Zeebrugge, Grimsby and Burnaston before it gets to my dealer in Norwich.  I wonder how long that will take?

And I saw my third one on the road last month.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And on Friday (22nd) I got an email to say it had reached Zeebrugge, sooner than I expected.

My dealer told me their information says it should arrive with them about 4th October.  He says I can go and check it has everything I want before they start preparing it.

If all OK, I'll get them to fit a front/rear Dashcam, and supply and fit all-season tyres before I drive it away.  I'll get them to quote for a full size matching spare wheel and if it's not too ridiculous I'll get that and a fifth tyre for both all-season and original tyres.

Continuing a long-standing arrangement my dealer will store one set of tyres and swap them around every March and October until the stock ones reach 3mm, after which I'll stick with the all-seasons continuously.

As the car will likely be delivered during October, it will be handy that one of the tyre swaps will coincide with an annual service meaning one less trip to them each year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You will love the Highlander . I’ve had it for a couple of years . Comfortable and safe to drive , and doesn’t feel too big to park. Got some winter tyres on and drove to the Alps last year , awesome experience ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Giagia13 said:

You will love the Highlander . I’ve had it for a couple of years . Comfortable and safe to drive , and doesn’t feel too big to park. Got some winter tyres on and drove to the Alps last year , awesome experience ..

What is economy like? I am still trying to find someone who tows with one to find out about towing experience. 

I don’t tow so can’t comment there . This is my first hybrid so in a way still learning how to drive as efficiently as possible . 38.1 mpg average this far and slowly improving ..

• Like 1

If arrived at the dealer on Monday and I had a look at it yesterday to check everything I wanted was present and correct.  It did turn out to be 2023 MY spec, which does mean I get the amazing new 12.3" screens and a more sensibly located wireless phone charger.  Bad news it it meant I had to pay the increased price, almost £3k more, and got the ugly wheels instead of last year's smart ones.

If the all season tyres arrive in time, I can collect it next Tuesday.

Wow!  That’s an awful lot of extra money to pay for an updated spec vehicle.  Anyway, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the car so good luck for the future.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimota said:

Wow!  That’s an awful lot of extra money to pay for an updated spec vehicle.  Anyway, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the car so good luck for the future.

Car Prices have risen significantly in the past 12 months so it is not just down to spec changes. Nevertheless I would have tried to get an agreement for Toyota to honour the price and (if applicable) finance rates at the time of order. I did when I ordered my RAV 2 years ago. It would however be interesting to know what spec items have been lost. The RAV4 specs have lost some items previously available.

• Like 1

And I got it yesterday.

The new screens are wonderful.  One odd thing, while the new screens and black wheels that late last year Toyota said came with the 23 MY were present and correct, the wireless phone charger they said had moved from inside the armrest to the dash was still in the armrest.  Not a biggie, but a shame.

Very pleased so far.

20231017 Toyota Highlander.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links