Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12V battery display on dash - how to read

George22

Hi. I can’t find anything in the manual but does anyone understand the 12V Battery charge condition on the dash?  
Mine (2022 Dynamic Premium PHEV) is on the end of the blue and start of the green.

I don’t know how to read this display or determine what it means, is the Battery fully charged? Just come back from a 200 mile trip so it should be.  Any advice appreciated, thank you. 

IMG_7298.jpeg

IMG_7297.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

It’s not the 12 volt battery on your dash it is the high volt traction battery.

Good to know, still not sure how it works but many thanks.

• Like 1

When the traction Battery is fully charged the needle will be  indicating the 100% mark. In your photo it is in the user EV mode empty position and the car will automatically switch to HEV mode. The needle might well fall further if the ‘car’ decides to consume the traction Battery rather than fire the ICE. I’ve noticed this is likely in two conditions, there may be more. Either in slow moving traffic it will move using EV or in hard acceleration e.g. up a long steep hill.

In the EV traction Battery empty there is around 30% remaining for HEV mode use.

Is that what you’re looking for?

Petrol fuel gauge has a R reserve mark and I think the collective opinion is there is around 2 gallons remaining.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ernieb said:

When the traction battery is fully charged the needle will be  indicating the 100% mark. In your photo it is in the user EV mode empty position and the car will automatically switch to HEV mode. The needle might well fall further if the ‘car’ decides to consume the traction battery rather than fire the ICE. I’ve noticed this is likely in two conditions, there may be more. Either in slow moving traffic it will move using EV or in hard acceleration e.g. up a long steep hill.

In the EV traction battery empty there is around 30% remaining for HEV mode use.

Is that what you’re looking for?

Petrol fuel gauge has a R reserve mark and I think the collective opinion is there is around 2 gallons remaining.

Hi Ernie. That definitely what I was looking for, many for such a comprehensive explanation. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links