Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

All hydrogen stations in Denmark are closed

nielshm

By new year 2023, hydrogen can no longer be purchased in Denmark. 

There are around 130 Toyota Marais, that are completely useless. Toyota will help the owners to find another solution. Denmark only have 6 hydrogen stations, but was promised 13 new ones in 2024.

Hydrogen stations needs to be in place, before the cars starts selling in larger numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The hydrogen fuel cell vehicles has potential but governments not interested nor the large energy companies which play the game together. Bev are horrible for environment in a long run, generations after us will pay a high price for making these toxic waste batteries. Perhaps ice run on bio fuel is the best medium, future of automobile is very interesting. 

• Like 2

I think a mix of Battery and synthetic fuel from atmospheric CO2 would be better overall; Hydrogen is just too much of a PITA to deal with and that doesn't have infrastructure - Even LPG at its height was only taken up by a small fraction.

They just need to get over the fact that the most efficient energy conversion processes generate CO2 instead of using worse solutions just because they don't generate CO2.

CO2 isn't a bad thing - If we didn't have it there'd be no life on this planet, as we wouldn't have any plants.

The problem with CO2 right now is it's being generated/expelled much faster than it can be removed; If we bio-engineered some super fast growing trees to soak up more of it faster, or developed industrial methods to extract it from seawater or the atmosphere directly in large enough quantities to be converted back into fuel, it would become a cycle and the problem would solve itself.

• Like 2

Can the same happen in UK? How many vehicles are powered by hydrogen?

The danish hydrogen stations are already closed, and not by new year.  A Taxi company in Copenhagen has a fleet with 100 Mirais, wich are completely useless at the moment. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nielshm said:

Can the same happen in UK? How many vehicles are powered by hydrogen?

The danish hydrogen stations are already closed, and not by new year.  A Taxi company in Copenhagen has a fleet with 100 Mirais, wich are completely useless at the moment. 

Is it the usual politics at play kind of decision in Denmark Niels  ? 

I know here in the UK JCB are investing heavily in hydrogen and seemingly making it work, electric large excavators expected to work pretty much non stop over an eight hour shift are just a non starter, pardon the pun and I think they're planning to move all of their large machinery to Hydrogen

Some motor racing uses "sustainable" fuel, 95 Ron E10 but it's roughly between two & two and a half times the price of what we buy on the forecourts.

I discovered something recently that really surprised me, aviation obviously uses fossil fuel derivatives, and their use is increasing yet apparently because planes cross so many borders aviation fuel is currently untaxed.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links