Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote key fob apparent faults

mynamesbeentaken

2016 Prius. Both key fobs giving intermittent (separately) fault warnings - "low battery", "key not detected", "touch key to start button" . Have had to use fob buttons and even physical key to enter car on occasion. ... Batteries are NOT low; both over 3V on my and dealers test machine. dealer cannot get it to perform and logs apparently don't monitor or give nothing. Despite my photos of problems over 6 months, without experiencing it themselves dealer won't escalate to anyone for further suggestions / solutions and is now trying to charge me for test time.

Anyone else had similar and how to resolve it? Or how should I escalate issue please?

Email dealer principal (name should be on their website), copy Toyota Customer Services, attach photos. 

This should let them know you are serious.

Where are you in Kent ? (pm me if you like) Is it intermittent, does it do it in one location where you are parked or does it happen in other locations ? Are you the only driver, does it happen with both keys in range ?

Disconnect the negative terminal of the 12v Battery for 20 or more minutes. 
Reconnect and follow a procedure to re introduce the key fobs to the car immobiliser. 
Push start button twice to set the car in ON mode, then turn off. Repeat the same within 5 seconds. Then open and close the drivers door twice within 40 seconds. Key fob now should be recognised by the car. If the second icon it’s not then do the same procedure. 
These are first steps to try for yourself. 
I had similar issues recently for no apparent reason. Both key fobs were rejected by the car. Even with good batteries inside. I put a brand new ones , run the procedure and no issues ever since. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links