Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis battery replacement

Garyfs

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone can tell me

Can I just remove the original Battery,and pop the new one in and refit positive and neg Battery connections by myself or do I need to go to garage or Halfords etc

Called Toyota dealership in my town

But they are not sure as they are a Honda dealer that has recently

Taken on Toyota franchise.

They said that they THINK if Ido

It quickly it should be ok.

Car is a avensis 2018 diesel estate

With stop /start system

Hopefully someone here will know

Thanks in advance

Yes you can but, its better to start the car, carefully take the Battery off and put a new one while its still working.then everything will stay the same.

3 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

Yes you can but, its better to start the car, carefully take the battery off and put a new one while its still working.then everything will stay the same.

I sometimes used to do that with old cars in the days when they didn't have any electronics on them, but I wouldn't run the engine in any modern car with no Battery fitted. You are at risk of damaging the cars electronics due to voltage spikes. 

There's no need anyway in an Avensis as all you'll need to reset after a Battery change is the clock. 

• Like 1

Highly recommend you look at Tayna batteries.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1OmoBhDXARIsAAAYGSGyi4R9UF8VydWcxpIQTWQTXhVS-0zio3HbLTE-0XqaYddZaXnQnaUaAs9XEALw_wcB

I've had several batteries for cars & bikes (and even a neighbours lawnmower). Always had superb service at a good price.

Andy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

Yes you can but, its better to start the car, carefully take the battery off and put a new one while its still working.then everything will stay the same.

If you mean change the Battery with the engine running, that shouldn't be done under any circumstances.

If you buy a Battery from Halfords, they'll fit it for you.  I think you'll get a discount if you have a Halfords card.

• Like 2

I also own a 2018 Avensis, saloon.  In January the original Battery started giving up the good fight... 

You don't need to reset anything other than the clock as mentioned above and also confirmed by my local Toyota dealer. 

I replaced it with a Varta 115 AGM Battery from EuroCarParts. £250 back then, I think £270 now. It was the highest spec type I could find that could be guaranteed as compatible. I've put in a few extra electric mods so I wanted the highest performance possible. 

Definitely go on the Battery makers website first and check compatibility that way first. Motor factors, Halfords, ECP have an attitude of it fits and functions, it works but not necessarily much concern for the little details that as an owner, you might be. 

I have heard that some cars need to be taught that there is a new Battery, i.e. to update... is the 2018 Avensis such a car?

2 minutes ago, avetoy said:

I have heard that some cars need to be taught that there is a new battery, i.e. to update... is the 2018 Avensis such a car?

No, so far Toyota seem to have avoided any such complications. Battery replacement is just 'plug and play'. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all replies guys but I jumped the gun before seeing replys

And know have another problem

With passenger window not working mow

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links