Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Time Again… Questions for you all

SB1500

Do any of you have experience with the enhanced cabin filter? That’s what I’ve ordered this year. Few times now I’ve smelt fumes from lorries and older cars in traffic, maybe it’ll make a difference. 

Mentioned a few times as well, but who else (Avensis, Verso, RAV4 or Auris) had made a point of using the Toyota oil on their 1WW / 2WW? (Even if it’s from dealer servicing) - how have you found it, any major engine issues or scares over the years? 

looking forward to servicing it. It’s in keeping with my 6-7,000 mile oil changes in an attempt to make this engine last. 

Starting to think about the timing chain too, around the 100k / mid 2025 mark. Have any of you done this DIY, dealer or mechanic? What was the cost like and did you do it as a result of any noises / concerns or just maintenance? 

finally, booked it in for a brake fluid change. Read somewhere online this needs done every two years / 25,000 miles. I’m 23k since the last change. £80 including VAT. Seems okay for a dealer. Messy / long job DIY so one of the few I’m happy for them to do. Especially with the engine brake fluid and an unlimited supply whereas I’d probably burn through a lot getting it bled etc. 

£168 including VAT all in for the oil, filters.  The engine air filter is done on my spring services so not included this time. Pricy for the oil but that’s the cost of using this genuine stuff. I could get it cheaper online (slightly) but delivery (to NI) usually cancels that out and then there’s the game of ‘is it real or fake’ 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

just maintenance.

change the oil (0w20\0w30\5w30), the oil filter you can change every 2 years.

cabin filter: buy this one, no smell.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGS8CY5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh no, no way... no filter is designed to last two years - are you mad?! I don't think the oil change would do much good in that case either. 

I've already ordered the Toyota enhanced one, this Avensis is an experiment in going '100% Toyota' with the servicing and parts .. see if it lasts any longer than the other BMW engined Toyotas where folks are using quality aftermarket, or local mechanic cheapo parts.. 

i will find and send you japan toyota engineers that will tell you that change oil every 5000km, no need to change the filter every year.

15 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

just maintenance.

change the oil (0w20\0w30\5w30), the oil filter you can change every 2 years.

cabin filter: buy this one, no smell.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LGS8CY5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

would that filter fit my 2014 toyota avensis i have a genuine toyota one put in it will thjat be a better one quick question dose anyone with the 2014 avensis have much bother with inside3 windows steaming up it seems to steam up worse than my last vw group car these t27 toyota avensis i have bought those wind deflectors and i crack the windows to get air in to stop the windows steaming up but its a pain tbh 

On 10/6/2023 at 6:58 PM, avensis_2018 said:

see all. good advices for long term...

That's all well and good on a petrol Toyota engine I am sure, but on these stupid diesels that are packed full of legislation-induced eco sensors, filters and over-engineered to meet EU directives, I wouldn't take the chance.  

Especially ones made by BMW / German makers that do require over the top maintenance and replacement of often more than just filters / fluids at service by design.  

I don't doubt the engineer in the video is right but when I'm dealing with an over engineered engine, with plastic bits where metal bits should be, something like OTT oil changes even when they add up, are much cheaper than a new or refurbished engine. 

The oils are recycled (when disposed of properly as mine are) as are the filters, so it's not even as bad on the environment as you might think. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 7:25 PM, 2009joe said:

would that filter fit my 2014 toyota avensis i have a genuine toyota one put in it will thjat be a better one quick question dose anyone with the 2014 avensis have much bother with inside3 windows steaming up it seems to steam up worse than my last vw group car these t27 toyota avensis i have bought those wind deflectors and i crack the windows to get air in to stop the windows steaming up but its a pain tbh 

I have found that they truly do only last the 12,000 miles that Toyota say they do. Mines just over 13,000 miles and this last three weeks it's started to steam up / condensate on rainy days where I don't have the A/C on.  New enhanced one ordered to D&T Toyota so looking forward to fitting that! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links