Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

5min oil change .. enjoy

avensis_2018

Love this pump, 4.5L out.

New fresh 4.5L 0w20 in.

Damage: 60$.

Enjoy.

20231006_124221.jpg

20231006_124234.jpg

20231006_124242~2.jpg

20231006_124216~2.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_20231006_165206.thumb.jpg.63907a67e1e43ead2e97d0896a7e4779.jpgHave a pump from Lidl from a few years ago for £10, haven't use it yet. It's £15 recently due to inflation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got to go under the car to take the oil filter off.  When I'm under there, I just take the sump plug out and drain the oil.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

IMG_20231006_165206.thumb.jpg.63907a67e1e43ead2e97d0896a7e4779.jpgHave a pump from Lidl from a few years ago for £10, haven't use it yet. It's £15 recently due to inflation. 

Same. I think I have given this to my dad, he might find some use of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 5:24 PM, Stivino said:

I've got to go under the car to take the oil filter off.  When I'm under there, I just take the sump plug out and drain the oil.

I was thinking the same. There is a hatch to the oil and sump plug. Those who have seen my posts will know it is a simple job, especially if you have the oil filter housing removal tool. Yes the oil syphon pump is less fiddly, but a 14mm socket or spanner for the sump plug is not that difficult. 

• Like 3

And the benefit with draining the oil from the sump plug hole is that you will get more debris and sludge out from the bottom of the sump than you will using a sucky thing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cessna said:

And the benefit with draining the oil from the sump plug hole is that you will get more debris and sludge out from the bottom of the sump than you will using a sucky thing.

yep tbh thats why i drain my oil from the sump plug .tbh i have one of these lidal pumps also as encase i put to much oil in the car i can take some out easy 

The tool looks handy for the 1WW / 2WW diesel owners as allegedly the sump design holds quite a bit of old oil which some believe leads to long term issues... However. Why anybody would change the oil without the filter is beyond me..  

• OEM filters ~ 12,000 miles before breaking down (many drivers do this in a year if not more)
  • Cheap Filters online ~ 3,000 - 5,000 miles before breaking down

I just can't see a scenario where one would keep the old oil filter in place. Even though I change my oil twice as often, what is the use if the filter is already clogged with micro debris of metal. Then the new oil will collect more and lead, theoretically, to a closer to blocked state oil filter surely causing strain on the oil pump leading to premature failure? 

£22.60 for a new Toyota oil filter.. relatively pricy. £10 for a Bosch / good name one. £3 for a nasty one online.  Even the Toyota one is relatively manageable for a once per year job for most... worth skimping on?

• Like 1

I bought a 12 volt pump and only use it down my Volvo 940's auto dipstick tube to do a part drain. 1.2 litres at a time to be kinder to the AW70 auto gearbox. Done it twice so far.

Engine oil I drain in the usual way by undoing the 25mm sump bolt. Oil filter always use genuine Volvo as have a non return valve inside.  Worst part of job is putting car on the ramps to crawl under to do it.

After finishing replacing my Volvo shock absorber insert today. Next job is front disks and pads on my Auris Hybrid when they arrive.

Like tinkering, but be glad all done soon.

James

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links