Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius 2011 Android sat nav

DiAllin

Hi, I've just got my Prius, dream car for some years so I'm excited and thrilled. Something I'm not getting on with is the sat nav, I have long fingernails and it's awkward to try and press the screen plus I can't find how to input postcode. It also needs updating at a cost of £160 so I'm wondering if I can change the unit to an Android one, then I can just verbally tell Google maps where to direct me to, as I'm used to doing. Also, I love to listen to youtube while driving. 
Is this an easy conversion to do, and recommendations of products if possible. Thank you

My 2021 C-HR requires a satnav update and I was told, during annual service that this is chargeable, but wasn’t given a figure. However, my car is Apple car-play ready, so I  am going to change over to that.  Our daughter has already done this on her BMW, and I think it is more helpful than the system originally provided.  It is free, as is the updating, although I think updating is automatic.  That might be your best bet if your Prius is car-play compatible.

5 hours ago, DiAllin said:

Hi, I've just got my Prius, dream car for some years so I'm excited and thrilled. Something I'm not getting on with is the sat nav, I have long fingernails and it's awkward to try and press the screen plus I can't find how to input postcode. It also needs updating at a cost of £160 so I'm wondering if I can change the unit to an Android one, then I can just verbally tell Google maps where to direct me to, as I'm used to doing. Also, I love to listen to youtube while driving. 
Is this an easy conversion to do, and recommendations of products if possible. Thank you

Hi i have had 2 gen ii t-spirits and the gen iii is similar. These have a jbl head unit which is not very compatible to aftermarket wiring on an android head unit  but is possible with adapters. Youtube probably wont be available due to uk restrictions though. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links