Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Canvas roof

RBS

Hi all,

I am awaiting my order of a new Aygo X CVT w/ Canvas Roof, and I was wondering how noisy it will be compared to a normal roof, mainly on highway 70mph, if there is a big difference or not. Still OK to do some highway trips w/o headache?

Any water ingress issue related with leaving the car parked during rainy days on the street? More humidity within the car? 

Can anyone with this roof clarify if there are any cons ? (in addition to the cost up and less head room for rear passengers)

Thanks all!

Wow, you bought one without a test drive ?  I think they are really cool looking,  but due to the higher risk of vandalism, break ins, less protection in a rollover situation and probably higher insurance and the usual crap weather in the UK, with the rain beating down on it, I decided against it.  Sorry for the negatives, but you did ask 😂

• Like 2

Maybe the OP wasn't able to do a test drive on a motorway? I wasn't able to with mine.

• Like 2

I always wondered how difficult to clean it would be if birds crap on it all the time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

I always wondered how difficult to clean it would be if birds crap on it all the time.

Soapy water probably .👍

• Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, RBS said:

I am awaiting my order of a new Aygo X CVT w/ Canvas Roof, and I was wondering how noisy it will be compared to a normal roof, mainly on highway 70mph, if there is a big difference or not. Still OK to do some highway trips w/o headache?

Hi,

It is said in YouTube reviews to be more noisy, yes.

The comfort on highways will depend on the topography. If the highway is flat, that is fine. If the highway is going up slightly, it will be more noisy because the engine will scream.

But overall awesome car, do not worry, you will love it.

• Like 2

Thomas from Autogefuhl, one of my fave reviewers on YT, says there's hardly any diff in the noise at motorway speeds between the CVT with canvas and the manual with hard top.  My experience on test drives bears this out too.  

Its a great car, bit noisy when pushed, but at least the engine sounds characterful, and is super economical!

• Like 2

I test drove the automatic with canvas roof from the dealer.

Bit more loud Indeed but not too bad.

Didn't drive it in pouring rain though...

For british buyers, something to consider. Same for where I come from.

• Like 1

Are you suggesting it rains a lot in the UK?  I hope not 😂😂

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, 152bobby said:

Wow, you bought one without a test drive ?  I think they are really cool looking,  but due to the higher risk of vandalism, break ins, less protection in a rollover situation and probably higher insurance and the usual crap weather in the UK, with the rain beating down on it, I decided against it.  Sorry for the negatives, but you did ask 😂

Thanks 152bobby,

Indeed, I could only check a manual transmission car with hard roof, and it was OK.

Let's see when it comes!

• 1 month later...

RBS..did you get the car yet?  If so, what are your thoughts on it?

10 hours ago, Hicardo said:

RBS..did you get the car yet?  If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Not yet, hopefully by end of January 😢

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

as I received my car quite a few weeks ago already, I would like to provide some reply on my own questions so these can support someone else.

It is very similar to a closed roof Aygo X. The noise level is the same, but you have a new origin of noise in the roof, this is obvious specially while driving through tunnels or under bridges, when you can feel the difference.

Except those cases, there is almost no difference for me and I am very happy with it, it is OK even travelling long distances at 120kph in the highway (according to my Apple Watch, noise level is the same at this speed -> 67-68dB in both cases).

No more humidity or water ingress issue, even while washing the car with high pressure.

As a surplus, I do enjoy every moment of sunlight! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Brilliant.  I am so looking forward to mine arriving.  maybe a month from now if im lucky.  cant wait to get some open top motoring!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links