Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Non working lighter and mirrors

whosabest

Hello I have a toyota estima lucida 1999 the lighter and the mirrors are not.working I have changed the fuse 15amp under on the  passenger side and its still not working can anyone give.me any advice as I need the lighter port to work to be able to use my sat nav etc also I am struggling to find parts as it is a Japanese import was first registered in England 2004 so someone some where has to have parts 

Check the fuse 15A (15, bottom row, 3rd from the left more than likely popped that fuse as well, do you have young kids ? Check the 12v socket a 2p fits just right in the hole and will sit flat (10 and 50p coins are a looser fit)

Thankyou that's the fuse I have just changed ..yes I do but they haven't been in this car yet I only brought it a week ago is there another fuse I need to change aswell as the above fuse has been changed and still not working the fuse hasn't blown either I'm stuck thankyou for replying 

Hi sorry yes the clock is working ..as far as I know everything else is working just not the mirror s or the cigarette lighter 

Hi Michelle, 

it may be a long shot but have a look at this video just in case it may be on a different fuse or location. It's worth a look.

13 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Michelle, 

it may be a long shot but have a look at this video just in case it may be on a different fuse or location. It's worth a look.

Thankyou for your time but.my fuse boxes are directly at the bottom of the passenger side and in the front of this car not located in the passenger side but thankyou for your time and effort 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, whosabest said:

Hello I have a toyota estima lucida 1999 the lighter and the mirrors are not.working I have changed the fuse 15amp under on the  passenger side and its still not working can anyone give.me any advice as I need the lighter port to work to be able to use my sat nav etc also I am struggling to find parts as it is a Japanese import was first registered in England 2004 so someone some where has to have parts 

On 10/17/2023 at 1:30 PM, flash22 said:

Check the fuse 15A (15, bottom row, 3rd from the left more than likely popped that fuse as well, do you have young kids ? Check the 12v socket a 2p fits just right in the hole and will sit flat (10 and 50p coins are a looser fit)

Is there two fuses I should be checking  I have changed the one you said ?

Michelle, Is fuse marked with ACC at its location. If its blown then check the replacment has not blown after you fit it.

Just making sure, that the ignition is on, or the car is running, and you have you tried different devices in the Aux socket ?

Usually anything that plugs into the 12v aux socket have a fuse in side it plug

if you have a meter, check for 12v at the fuse

Hello yes its not working when my car is running  and all the devices are brand new I have brought for it I have changed the 12 amp fuse and its still not.working the clock is working its just not.the lighter and the mirrors 

17 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Michelle, Is fuse marked with ACC at its location. If its blown then check the replacment has not blown after you fit it.

Hello I've checked and it's just a blue 12 amp fuse 

The power feed from the ignition switch ACC feeds the Radio and CIG Fuses the Cig fuse feeds the 12v socket and mirror controls

does it have an aftermarket radio ? Does it turn off with the ignition ?

Hello again yes it does and again yes it does ...is this the problem ? How will I fix it ? Thankyou so much 

Blue fuses are 15 Amp. How are you checking the fuse is OK are you using a meter?.

No meter then use a small light bulb can use a torch turn it on then remove base and connect fuse across base of torch and Battery.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links