Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Proper 8 seater MPV Import advice

B Import

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I'm starting a childminding business soon with my wife and we're looking at an 8 seater MPV to help bus the kids around.

I need it to have big enough seats for 6 baby/child seats to be fitted, ideally Isofix but maybe that's asking to much of the pre probably 2016/17 models.

I've got about a £10,000 budget.

Would love to see reasonable MPG or what do you think about LPG conversions? 

Something not to bad cost wise to maintain ao Amy versions with cheaper belts to change/chain to not replace...

Petrol vs diesel?

To finish it off ideally sonethijg with a little bit of go. Dont really want a 12 second plus 0-60. Something closer to 10 would be great!

Any advice would be super helpful.

Byron, this is a question you should put the the Telegraph motoring journalist.   He has wider knowledge than this forum.

Better do your own research into Toyota MPV that might match your needs and focus your questions  a specific comparison. 

AIUI MPV are much less common than SUV today.

Vehicles such as the Toyota Estima (sold as the Previa in Europe up to 2006), Alphard, Vellfire, Nissan Elgrand, etc are all available as used imports from Japan in the UK market. Certainly the Estima and Alphard are available in various versions including 8 seaters.

Estima:

image.thumb.png.bde5b1b23d43eb4ebf178a74f03edc44.png

Alphard:

image.thumb.png.a1fbee56d0bb93d4beac052b50bcd9cb.png

We have quite an active Estima forum on the Club.

As regards European market models, there is also the curiously styled SSangyong Rodius.  8 seaters from European manufacturers tend to be van based - Transit Tourneo etc

The Estima is more car sized than the Alphard etc. check it has a middle ISO fixing though when viewing them.

My wife is a child-minder too and opted for a Galaxy as she could fit three ISO fix seats in the middle row - not many car based vehicles can.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links