Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Sat Nav isuue

Brian Griffiths

I have a 2018 RAV4,Which has been in garage 5 times yes 5 times. The issue is the mileage clock on the satnav keeps changing to km

The garage initially suggested I should update the maps that hasn’t worked. If you switch the engine off then it returns to miles for a few days then changes to km again a few days later

i wondered if any one else have had a similar problem. I don’t know if the Toyota dealer doesn’t have the required skill to sort the issue out or if there is an inherent issue with the satnav that Toyota have not informed us about

Hi Brian, may be a software problem and require either an update or a reload.

Two questions for openers:

1. Which multimedia system / satnav do you have in your car?
  2. What exactly do you mean by "the mileage clock on the satnav"?

I'm not aware of any issues in this space ...

On the satnav there is a speed limit which comes up so for example 

instead of showing 30mph it’s 48

It’s been into the local Toyota dealer who has supposed to have spoken to Toyota they have changed the header unit updated the maps and system 

when I pick it up they use language like hopefully it should be ok instead of we have found the issue and it’s now been fixes

Apologies for checking the blindingly obvious, but have you got the system setup correct?

Setup > General > Units of measurement = miles (MPG)

20231030_144705.thumb.jpg.1195ca7d134dde8d9c3665218582f772.jpg

On 10/29/2023 at 5:39 PM, Brian Griffiths said:

I have a 2018 RAV4,Which has been in garage 5 times yes 5 times. The issue is the mileage clock on the satnav keeps changing to km

The garage initially suggested I should update the maps that hasn’t worked. If you switch the engine off then it returns to miles for a few days then changes to km again a few days later

i wondered if any one else have had a similar problem. I don’t know if the Toyota dealer doesn’t have the required skill to sort the issue out or if there is an inherent issue with the satnav that Toyota have not informed us about

Which model, engine & which display is wrong the main navigation screen or the multifunction display by the speedo?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links