Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer fluid container problem?

LesToyota

I have a problem with my 2019 Mk 3 Yaris washer reservoir system. I can hear the pump working but no fluid is coming out of front and rear. After about a litre of fluid is poured in to the reservoir container it starts leaking out below car. The container looks difficult to get to the to check what's up. Possibly a hose has come off? I have checked for blockages of nozzles and cleaned anyway.

I have no knowledge of car repairs. Is this a job for a repair shop, or is it possible to do myself. Supposedly this is what the system looks like. Thanks for any advise.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.b5d8636f15aaf84416da62be30684c54.jpg

I believe it's accessed by removing the O/S wheel arch liner. If you're not up to this, then you could try putting a hose in the filler and flushing it out.

If you could peel back liner, it might be an easy fix and save you a few ££.

Have a look first and see if there is an hose off/split or pump has dislodged for example.

Thanks, Bob. I hear the headlight has to be removed also. Well it's leaking from somewhere, so flushing I assume will just leak out the same place?
Adam, thanks. I'll have a good look tomorrow to see how far down the outer side of the container I can see.

In my fitter (as in physically not mechanically) days I came across the old Peugeot non working washers a couple of times.

On one of them the reservoir was behind the front wheel arch liner as described above, so may be a similar setup.

The method was jack up the front of the car , remove front wheel, remove wheel arch liner, then all is revealed.

So even if the pump is ok , then you could see what is what with the hoses etc. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Paul. I can hear the pump working. I'm thinking the only place fluid can leak from is one or both (front & rear) of the pump connections on the container. Maybe they are secured to the container with a push-through stopper seal?

If you can hear the pump working and after a moment fluid leaks out it suggests to me a pipe is just blocked. Hopefully you can spot the culprit!

Alex

The fluid leaks while filling, so not after operating the pump. I've had a look and its not possible to see much of the container below what's visible from above. So, to the menders sometime before mot due in April. Thanks all for suggestions, etc.

• 3 months later...

Just an update. MOT due soon so had to get this sorted. Problem was a bearing in the water pump had got stuck (I think that was the explanation). I guess that's one of the black tank attachments, plus it had worked loose. Repair (new pump, I think), labour + VAT = £106. Not bad at all.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links