Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet windows

Mike2222

I was wondering if anyone else had noted on the current design Rav4 (22 plate) that the windows always seem to be wet when rolled down and back up again? ie the window appears dry, I roll it down, and the portion of the window that rolled into the door frame comes back out with beads of water on it, as if the insides of the door casing retains water after it rains?? This seems to be the case for at least a few days after rhe most recent rainfall, but I can't honest say I've timed it. Not sure if back windows as well, but definitely both fronts. 

I've noticed it since we got the car (from new), but I always forget about it whenever I've had to bring the car for service/recalls etc. Wondering whether a common observation, or whether I should raise it with the garage as an issue. 

Hi Mike,

Apparently this is a common problem, it's been reported on a few RAV4 And other manufacturer's forums. Some say it is because it just takes longer for any water to evaporate within the door.

Have look at this these links.Hope this helps.😀

https://www.rav4world.com/threads/wet-window-

wells.301255/

https://www.reddit.com/r/rav4club/comments/zisgbx/3_out_of_4_windows_wet_after_rolling_down_and_up/

• Thanks 1

All Toyota cars are exactly like that and also other brands too.
Some other makes has between windows and doors seals which are able to clear off any water from windows when rolling down or up. 
One of the major reasons why Toyota cars are noisier on motorway speeds is this, door and window seals. 

• Thanks 1

It’s a pain having dashed into the car to then have to get out to wipe the glass clear. But it does seem to be common on my previous cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers for replies 👍.

I've never had it to quite the same degree on other cars. I've had mazda, ford, kia and a very old yaris before, and never seen water for days and days after the most recent rainfall. Good to know it's a fairly universal issue tho, with the implication being that it is unlikely to result in accelerated corrosion within the door casing etc, especially if Toyota specifically are well known for it, considering the overall reliability reputation. 

• Like 1

That’s right , Toyota and most others if not all the inside of the door act as hidden gutter and some of the rain water goes throughout and the exits from little holes under the door along its length. These holes has rubber plugs from factory, some of which needs to be removed on pdi, but it seems common practice these days those been left on the car and cause doors to get flooded with water. One Corolla owner has its door full and when was freezing cold last year his door lock was frozen solid.  
Doors generally speaking have specific coating like a liquid wax from inside to prevent corrosion.  Again another reason why we should be careful when installing any additional sound proofing, this may not reduced road noise but can cause premature rust issues. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links