Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis t25 2006 key programming

Appelflap

Hello everyone,

For the past couple weeks I've been trying to program a spare aftermarket key to the transponder on my Avensis t25 from 2006. But I don't know if the car is actually entering programming mode.

I've tried all different methods, from inserting 5x and open/closing door 6x or lock/on key position + doors to the brake and start pedal method. However nothing has worked.

A major issue for me is that I don't know for sure if the car is actually entering programming mode. The security LED never enters a full on state after doing the steps to indicate it, it just keep blinking as normal. This leads me to believe that my working key might not be programmed as an OEM master key and instead be a sub key.

So my main questions are, how do I know for sure whether my working key is programmed as a master vs sub key? Should the security light on the Avensis t25 from 2006 (or any other year) indicate somehow that the car has enter transponder programming mode?

Secondary, is there maybe anyone out here with my model and year car that has done this before? If so what were the steps you took? And which transponder chip did you use?

Really hope anyone can help me, cause I'm kinda out of luck right now.

Hi Ben, Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried this method it was mentioned being done on an avensis 2003-2008. It's worth a try if you haven't.

1. Driver door open and unlocked. Key out of the ignition

2. Insert the key and remove 2 times in 5 sec.

3. Close and open driver door 2 times in 40 sec.

4. Insert the key and remove it again from ignition.

5. Close and open driver door 2 times in 40 sec.

6. Insert the key in ignition,

7. Close the door,

8. Turn to on and back to lock in 1 second intervals. 1 time for add, 2 times for rewrite, 3 for confirmation 5 for prohibition. (yes, there is no ?4?)

9. Remove the key

10. Power lock will cycle to confirm

11. For add or rewrite mode within 40 sec of the confirmation,

A. press ?lock? and ?unlock? buttons of the FOB at the same time between 1 and 1.5 seconds.

B. within 3 sec press ?Lock? button for more than 1 sec and release.

C. If it?s correct, the power door lock will cycle once. If it?s wrong the door lock will cycle twice.

Hey Bper, thanks for the response. I did indeed use that procedure to add the Fob, but my post is concerning programming a new key's transponder chip to the car's immobilizer transponder, so it can start the ignition. I should've prefaced that more in my original post, sorry.

For anyone trying to just add a new Fob to their Avensis T25, this method 100% works.

Hope someone can still help me with the immobilizer though!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links