Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disabling electric tailgate

ikcdab

I have just taken delivery of a 2022 Yaris Cross Excel.

The instruction manual says to disable the electric tailgate lift before going into an automatic carwash.  I guess you don't want the tailgate opening in the carwash.

But I have failed to find how to do this.

Any advice?

Yes…don’t take your new car through an automatic car wash, it will eventually ruin the paintwork, if you can’t diy, then find a hand car wash…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

find a hand car wash…

The only time I've ever used one of them, I saw them drop the sponge on the floor and before I could stop them, they'd scratched the bonnet. Fortunately, it wasn't my car.

Going through automatic car wash no need to disable rear electronic boot door, just don’t open it. The auto washes are bad indeed. They do not have ability to wash the car better than heavy rain can but bring risk of damage along. Best car wash is done by hand as diy or by a professionals. 

18" scratch on the drivers door of my month old 17 reg. Ssangyong Tivoli was the last time I used one of those car washes. They denied all liability - never again.

• Like 1

I always wash my own cars, I don’t even let the dealer wash them if the car has been in for a service ect, I wouldn’t even use a hand car wash as I’ve heard stories of them not using the correct dilution of wheel cleaner and ruining the alloys and , as bob said, dropping the sponge on the floor, 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MikeSh said:

Five replies and no answer. 🙄

But some good advice !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links