Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris MK3 2014 folding mirrors

inteli7

Hi all,

My car has its mirrors folding when locking and unlocking the car.

Could someone people tell me if there is any way to stop this? I am worried that in the winter the mechanism will freeze and break if it stuck.

There is one button next to the adjustments but that will only fold and unfold them.

Thank you

Hi, 

this definitely can be done. Best to look at your car handbook to see how to do. Perhaps will be something with this button you have mentioned. There is no risk of breaking mechanism in uk winters as we don’t get that bog freeze here but it is easier on your 12v Battery. No need to fold mirrors every ti,d the car gets locked. 
If no one answer exact procedures soon , you can search Google, there are always an answers there. 
Good luck 

Hello Tony,

I had a look at pages 159 and 160 of the owner's manual and there is nothing there about this process.

It only mentions how to adjust and fold them using one of the buttons available. 

Perhaps there is a secret button combination that can be pressed simultaneously to enable/disable this. I usually look in the manual first before asking but I thought someone might know a little secret.

Many thanks,

Dave

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

No need to fold mirrors every time the car gets locked. 

True, but it's a handy indication of if you've locked the car, or not, when you leave it. That is, you can look at the car from a distance, and see mirrors folded = locked, unfolded = unlocked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

True, but it's a handy indication of if you've locked the car, or not, when you leave it. That is, you can look at the car from a distance, and see mirrors folded = locked, unfolded = unlocked.

Agree. I would like to swap the power fold with the OP 🙂

Don't worry about it, spray some de-icer if it comes to that scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The switch for mine is a rocker with 3 positions - Open, Auto and Closed.

The Auto is set to open/close then I un/lock the car, but can be changed to open/close when the car is turned on/off (that has to be done via ODB2 programming alas, can't be configured in the car settings for some daft reason)

Can't you just set the button to Open? I'd assume that would stop them closing when you lock the car.

8 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

For me this is the most useful function of the auto-folding wing mirrors! :laugh: 

• Like 3

The logic is all in the switch on the mk3, make sure the l/r switch is in the middle, ignition on, hit the lock button, press mirror open

• Like 3

Could possibly be the same way to disable them as on a Auris? press the up arrow button and top far right button (next to the R button) together for a couple of seconds.

IMG_20231106_192350.jpg

IMG_20231106_192316.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Eddie G said:

Could possibly be the same way to disable them as on a Auris? press the up arrow button and top far right button (next to the R button) together for a couple of seconds.

IMG_20231106_192350.jpg

IMG_20231106_192316.jpg

Aaa,  most likely my car has this functionality too but I never used and couldn’t be happier. Think about your small Battery that gets discharged every time any electrical consumers works, interior lights, folding mirrors, brake booster, home lights , keyless entry, electronic parking brake, electric seats and lumbar support, data communications, and usually the biggest energy draw of all these are brake booster, auto folding mirrors. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Aaa,  most likely my car has this functionality too but I never used and couldn’t be happier. Think about your small battery that gets discharged every time any electrical consumers works, interior lights, folding mirrors, brake booster, home lights , keyless entry, electronic parking brake, electric seats and lumbar support, data communications, and usually the biggest energy draw of all these are brake booster, auto folding mirrors. 

Found it useful when parking on main roads but on the drive and garage i thought it's just not needed, don't miss not having it on my Yaris.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links