Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 brake servo

peter1997

Hi please help - my brake servo is hissing; brakes still work well - I have a 1.8 petrol 5-DR auto. VINSB164ZBN10E042153; brake servo sticker says part number 19-47200-05190; or 03.7747-4301.4 - are there any other part numbers which will work same or i there a repair kit? I love this car - drives like new

I had exactly the same problem initially when I purchased the car. Took me ages to figure out what it was. I reached out (like you) when I had the fault on forums and nobody could give me a solution, so it is fairly uncommon.  If you look down (then up) in the footwell, there is a rod which connects the brake pedal into the servo/brake mechanism. Covering the rod is a rubber breather 'boot'. What was happening with mine was this rubber boot (which has small 'breather' holes) was getting 'scrunched up' . If you straighten up the boot back to its original position, the 'hissing' stops.  I think its just wear and tear/use which causes this. I did get to the same point as you and actually bought a new servo to fit, but thankfully never had to do it. Occasionally the hissing came back as the boot worked itself down from time to time, so my permanent fix was wait for the hissing to occur, straighten the boot and then cable tie it in place. Never had the hissing since (12 months). Brakes work perfectly by the way. Job done. You may/may not have the same issue, but this quick fix may be worth a try. Obviously, with brakes, be sure, but I can only give you the benefit of my experience and a solution which worked for me. Good luck.

• Like 1

I did a search on a couple of sites - ToyoDIY and the part number is 44610-05050, and only the Mk1 facelift from 2000 - 2002 use that servo, regardless of the engine. I also checked part number 44610-05030 which was fitted to the Mk1 T22 pre-facelift (all engines), and checking the ToyoDIY cross reference, that part fits all Mk1 T22 cars from 1997 - 2002. 

You just need to locate a servo in good condition, or find the leak and hope it is repairable. If the nonireurn valve or hose is the cause, just a matter of find a replacement.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links