Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Excel dashboard rattle

michaelrowell

I have a 22 plate Excel which has a dashboard rattle. Seems to move from L/H to R/H side. Done all the obvious things like empty glove box etc. Any ideas what may cause this, not due back to the dealer till June 2024.

Could it be the infotainment screen? If you push in the black frame of the screen or hold it firmly in place, does it go away? 

I get similar rattles now that it got colder, I'll just get used to it lol because I can't see what could be wrong other than the car parts not being inhumanly to the nano meter pieces of plastic put together??

• Haha 1

Didn't have the car from new, 1 year old when I bought it. I'd say more recently.

If the car has any electronic accessories fitted like dash cameras very likely got plastic panels removed and once this is done 99% afterwards thete will be squeaking noises and rattling. Another reason is the hard plastics that been used widely in the interior. Yaris owners found different ways to deal with. My car also has rattlings but sometimes and my deal is pay no attention, those aren’t constant rattling noises but some that comes and goes according to temperature, sun, heating etc. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links