Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check 12 volt battery via infotainment screen?

mpm235

Hello,
Does anyone know a way of checking my 2014 Auris Hybrids 12 volt Battery via the  infotainment screen m please?  On my old Gen 2 Prius, there was a way of pressing button, in a certain order, that brought up a "hidden menu" on the screen, where you could check the 12 volt Battery voltage.  Can this be done with my Auris? Thanks in advance for any advice, cheers, Mark

Hi, 

I believed this was an option on Prius gen 2 only. You can use a 12v cocker plug in charger with build in volt meter instead. 👍 Amazon is your  next stop . 66W Car Charger, TechRise Fast Car Charger Adapter, 12V/24V USB Socket, PD3.0 & QC4.0 Dual Port Cigarette Lighter Charger for iPhone, Samsung, iOS, Android Smartphones https://amzn.eu/d/9WLULlf

• Thanks 1

Mark, the App used to say that the Battery state could be checked but it never was and Toyota swerved the question.

It should be easy to do.

Checking on the info screen is slightly less useful as at that time the HV will  be charging the 12v, I think.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/12/2023 at 7:06 AM, mpm235 said:
Hello,
Does anyone know a way of checking my 2014 Auris Hybrids 12 volt battery via the  infotainment screen m please?  On my old Gen 2 Prius, there was a way of pressing button, in a certain order, that brought up a "hidden menu" on the screen, where you could check the 12 volt battery voltage.  Can this be done with my Auris? Thanks in advance for any advice, cheers, Mark

Press the Start button twice without depressing the brake pedal. Accesory mode.

Press and hold the CAR button.

Fully turn the lights switch on and off 3 times.

You've entered the diagnosis menu. Find the 12V Battery voltage under Function Check/ Setting - Vechicle Signal.

Exit by turning off car (press Start button once).

20240318_115936.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice tip!

It also works in the Diesel version:

DSC_3951.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 4:35 PM, koji said:

Nice tip!

It also works in the Diesel version:

DSC_3951.JPG

11.8V with IG ON is normal. No need to worry about replacing it yet. You can turn the headlights on and see how much it drops. If it is still above 11V, it is still usable. Charge the Battery fully first before testing either with 1H driving our with Lidl/Aldi charger

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links