Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota tech stream can't add keys or reset immobilizer

Appelflap

Hi everyone. I recently purchased an Avensis t25 2.4l from 2006 and have been trying to add a new key to the immobilizer since it only came with 2.

However, when attempting to add the new key(aftermarket with an ID70 and 4D70 chip attempted, will try 4D67 soon) I get hit with a failure to add error in tech stream. As can been seen in the attached images.

Moreover I also see one B2795 code indicating the transponder indicated an unregistered key. Making me doubt the originality of my black key. It says Valeo on the blade, so I doubt it's authentic Toyota. Meaning likely have 0 OEM master keys.

I've read around the forum that the adding key feature can sometimes be bugged and resetting the immobilizer can fix this issue. Sadly I don't have an immobilizer reset option under the immobilizer tab in Tech stream for my vehicle. What do recommend I do to attempt solving this issue?

Im using Tech stream V1.18 and a MiniVCI cable. Tech stream is registered under the EU region, as the NA region doesn't have Avensis listed as an available model.

I've included the immobilizer data list as an image in case anyone is familiar with it and can point out some information for me.

Please help 🙏

IMG_20231114_162706.jpg

IMG_20231114_163212.jpg

IMG_20231114_162953.jpg

IMG_20231114_163944.jpg

The Mini VCI is CAN only so you can not program keys as you need k-line the budget way is to do the Vag-Com adapter or get an adapter that does J2534 pass through like a VXdiag

• Like 2

Hey flash. I heard you were the person to ask about this stuff. I appreciate your response. I'm new to this, but eager to learn. Am I understanding correctly from your response the issue is most likely related to the VCI adapter, and not the ECU or key registration error?

I'm surprised to hear the VCI adapter doesn't support this functionality since it is listed as a J2534 adapter. This is the specific product I purchased: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/672381461.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.17.21ef79d2KbHjGU&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

I looked into the Vag-Com and VXdiag adapters you mentioned, but I get a bit lost in the different offerings. Do you have any specific product recommendations that give me a good grasp on what specifically to get?

PS: if it could be firmware related, I have no issue flashing the adapter's firmware given some general instruction.

Flash 22 .i didnt know vag com adapters work with toyotas cars i have vcds on my laptop i used it on my older vw group car .i was wondering whats is the steps threw vcds do i do to make another key for my car if possible 

Plug the adapter into the car and run TS go to Help - DLC3 test

As for the VW adapter, you don't need the vcds software just the adapter and configure it in TS (this adapter can be used in ford and fiat software among others

2. Open C:\Program Files\Toyota Diagnostic\Techstream\Env\IT3System.ini in notepad,

; ================================================= ==========================;
; Available Function Setting
; ================================================= ==========================;
[AvailableFunction]
MinorFunction = 1
TISFunction = 1
UserFunction = 1

change TISFunction = 0.

Installing the adapter driver for K-Line (For example VAG-COM 409.1) or VAG K + CAN Commander 1.4

1. To use TechStream with VAG adapter - KLine (eg VAG-COM) or VAG K + CAN Commander 1.4, You must install the USB-COM driver. Usually, it comes on the disk/download for the VAG adapter.

2. Copy the J2534KCANv1.0.0.9* folder to
C:/Program Files/Toyota Diagnostics/Techstream.

3. Next, go to the copied folder and run the file j2534KCAN.exe.

4. In the settings, select the COM-port adapter and type - KLine or VAG K + CAN, and then click "Save" and "Exit".

5. Run TechStream, in Setup - VIM Select - select "J2534 (04.04) K + CAN Driver"

A restart may be required between 4 and 5

*these are old versions the same method works with the newer type, but may require a bit of playing about with

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 12:03 PM, flash22 said:

The Mini VCI is CAN only so you can not program keys as you need k-line the budget way is to do the Vag-Com adapter or get an adapter that does J2534 pass through like a VXdiag

Ok, just so it's clear to me. This VW Vag-Com adapter with double K-line and no CAN-bus is what I should be getting? 

https://www.amazon.nl/WZhen-Interface-Kabel-Vag-Com-Voor/dp/B08VH7LF5L

Or should I be looking for something that also has a CAN-line? I'm struggling with finding clear info and products in my region.

I'll also run a DLC3 cable check to get more info from the car.

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

look for Vag-com or K+Can commander

what one you talking about flash. the one in  the comment appelflap mentioned thats the vag come adapter  that i have that came with my vagcom software 

They are basically the same clone interface

the original Mini-VCI is made by Xhorse, the clones tend to have fewer functions

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links