Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi

Old Nick

I'm a volunteer driver for the local Oncology Dept and we are just about to take delivery of 3 Corolla Sport Estate cars to add to the existing fleet of Vauxhall Grandland X's. We were very well supported by Vauxhall until General Motors sold it top PSA. Hence the change to Toyota's

We have a total of six cars and they all do journeys from the North & Mid Beds area to Addenbrookes Radiology Dept taking cancer patients on a daily basis for radiotherapy. Most times they do am and pm runs, clocking up around 180/day.

The Corolla's were chosen for the long warrantee and the large boot space for wheelchairs and medical equipment etc. 

Hopefully they will be very reliable and spend most of their time on the road and not in the garage!

Thanks for having me onboard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nick, I live in Rep of Ireland and I’m also a volunteer driver with the Irish Cancer Care Society. It’s national organization run throughout the country, funded entirely on voluntary fundraising. Drivers don’t get remunerated, but receive €0.27 per Km to cover fuel costs. I’m retired so I have the time. Good luck to your great work and safe driving.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks Bernard for your quick reply and well done on the volunteering.

• Like 3

Hats off to you my friend. As one who has had to spend time in oncology wards and clinics I would thank you for providing this invaluable service. All the better since you get to do it in a Toyota!

• Like 3

Hi Nick, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it. You are a saint for the work you do.:hypocrite:

• Like 2

Hello Nick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links