Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dealership review

Sheila50

Hello, I’ve just joined this as I’ve bought a new Yaris from a main dealer. The Lead salesman told me I would get a customer satisfaction survey and if I didn’t put 10 for every question my salesman would get a financial penalty. I hope this isn’t true and r wondered if anyone else has been told this? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheila50 said:

Hello, I’ve just joined this as I’ve bought a new Yaris from a main dealer. The Lead salesman told me I would get a customer satisfaction survey and if I didn’t put 10 for every question my salesman would get a financial penalty. I hope this isn’t true and r wondered if anyone else has been told this? 

Firstly welcome to the TOC Sheila, secondly, the salesman is paid on sales not on opinion polls. In other words it’s nonsense 😤

• Like 2

Don't recall getting a questionnaire myself when I bought the car a few months ago. As above nonsense, just give whatever mark u think base on the service u got. 

Oh. Thank you for your replies. The salesman who sold me the car was a young man who was so helpful and I wouldn’t want to see him lose any money. 

Or just ignore the survey.

Having said that,are you:-

1. More likely to give a positive response by being hassled for feedback.

2. Less likely.

3. Completely fed up with surveys.

4. Like doing surveys.

No worries Sheila, the salesman will get a good wedge, no matter what you decide to do or not do.

• Like 1

In Ireland we used to get the survey form in the post to fill out a few weeks after buying a new car. I used to fill them in, but I didn’t think they actually took on board any of the information, so I don’t bother now even if I did get them.

• Like 2

I was asked for 10s too.  Mrs 124 liked the charming young man but I said I never gave 10s.

To get 10s you need to do something over and above your normal job.

He was a little miffed but did go over and above, popping out to set the profiles up etc.

Now a year later I was a little miffed when a different salesman,  a retention manager, took over my account.

A young man had sold me the car.  Another young man completed the transaction and everyone was vague about the first.  For the next sale a year on the retention manager took over and everyone was vague about the second.

What I did note about the last, he had a Rolex!

• Like 2

Oh , and Btw, welcome to the club, you can get a lot of knowledge and help from folks here if you need it.🙂

1 minute ago, Roy124 said:

I was asked for 10s too.  Mrs 124 liked the charming young man but I said I never gave 10s.

To get 10s you need to do something over and above your normal job.

He was a little miffed but did go over and above, popping out to set the profiles up etc.

Now a year later I was a little miffed when a different salesman,  a retention manager, took over my account.

A young man had sold me the car.  Another young man completed the transaction and everyone was vague about the first.  For the next sale a year on the retention manager took over and everyone was vague about the second.

What I did note about the last, he had a Rolex!

Aye Roy, young men on the make, they think no one is wise enough to see 'em a mile off.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses, you’ve been more than kind and I won’t worry so much now 

Aye Sheila, no need to worry.

We are plagued by surveys and feedback demands from everywhere now.

Most of them utter nonsense.

I even get them from my GP surgery now,as in am I likely to recommend them to friends and family.

Well, not unless they are ill , and even then doubtful.

I just ignore all of them.

Welcome Sheila. As everyone says, there is no financial penalty for anything less than a 10. My wife had a survey when she bought her Yaris, and I got one when I bought my C-HR.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links