Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help for Unusual Noises in 2020 Toyota CHR 1.8 Hybrid

andug

Hello CHR community,

I hope this message finds you all in good spirits. I'm reaching out today because I've encountered some peculiar noises in my 2020 Toyota CHR 1.8 Hybrid, which has 81,000 miles. I'm eager to get your insights before heading to the dealership for a diagnosis.

Issue 1: Noise from Right-Hand Side Dashboard Speaker Grill A rather perplexing noise has started to emerge from the right-hand side dashboard speaker grill. I've attached a video to this post to give you a better understanding of the issue.

Video - Issue 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EqWoYMmUOjN9qyJkUd1udoRoqAvonGDJ/view?usp=sharing

Issue 2: Buzzing/Frequency Noise from Left Side Passenger Area In addition to the speaker grill noise, I've noticed a buzzing or frequency noise coming from the left side of the passenger area. Again, the video should provide some context, but if anyone has encountered and resolved a comparable problem, I would love to hear about your experience.

Videos - Issue 2https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SmEBb7vQKjq39Au7t8izsOqB_h0lLnmP/view?usp=sharing

I'm planning to schedule a visit to the dealership soon, but I wanted to tap into the collective knowledge of this community first. Your insights could prove invaluable and might help me streamline the service process.

Thank you all in advance for your time and expertise.

• Like 1

Yeah... It's those pesky plasticky rattles everyone has... If it does bother you too much, I gues you can ask your dealer to try improve or even solve that... More likely, improve than solve...

Oh, produced from the sound Speakers, you mean?

Well, let's just wait a bit to see if someone else replies with the same problem. However, your car is still under warranty, right? If that's the case, you'll be alright.

Again, my experience with many cars of many brands, is that plasticky rattles can be improved most of the time, rather than solved for good. Sometimes, you just have to live with them, not saying that's the case.

@jcps001, I really appreciate your insights.

Regarding the rattling noise, it's actually coming from the passenger area, not the Speakers. I made sure to turn off both the fans and audio to isolate the source. It's a bit perplexing, as the noise isn't consistently present – some days it's always there, while on other days, it seems to disappear. Quite a puzzle!

When the temperature drops a bit, a colder day perhaps, the noise comes back, right? On a hot summer day, you don't even notice the noise? Yes, that's how it works.

Actually, we've only had the car for the past 3 weeks, and interestingly, we've noticed the noise in both hot and cold weather. It seems to persist regardless of the temperature.

With regards issue 1, see my post here. 

Toyota have ordered a part for mine, but tell me the dash needs to come out😳😳. On looking at it, don't the grill come off??  Not tried getting it off yet, is it quite easy??. Only getting it sorted now as dealership was undergoing renovation, so I just waited till that was done and had it looked at during its service 

@Penfold72Thanks for sharing your experience! It's great that Toyota has ordered the part for you. Do you happen to know which specific part they ordered for your vehicle?

I think it was the speaker itself. They weren't very specific. It's under the warranty anyway 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links