Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Geolocation sharing

RabButler

A new surprise and delight feature today from Toyota's Connect Plus system. It informs me that something internal or external has turned off geolocation sharing. Helpfully, the second time this message appeared it took me to the security page on system info and I was able to turn it back on. The next time it happened I went to my personal settings and toggled the edit button so hopefully it will remember the setting. Has anyone else had this? 

• Like 1

I had the same today, My car went in for a service Tuesday and I thought it was due to that.

2nd time it asked I turned it on. The App has recorded todays journeys which is strange as the 1st time it asked I didnt change the settings.

• Like 1

I’ve had this every journey today, turn it back on and next journey it’s off again. Probably down to a developer making a mistake at Toyota

Perhaps it's one of the famous OTA updates.

• Haha 1

me too, 2nd time I changed it back it seems to have stayed, but who knows what tomorrow will bring

• Like 1

Toggling the save settings button didn't make any difference. Ignored it today and it still correctly logged the journey and the car's location, so it just means something else to press on startup!

• Like 1

I've also had this come up on every trip I have made. I have changed the settings manually, logged into MyToyota, and re-added (if that's even a word) my car to the MyToyita app. Still get the same message

• Like 1

I note that the My Toyota website has an updated set of privacy and data sharing permissions, which require agreeing to. Maybe that is what's behind the Geo data issue. I've signed so we'll see.

Since I turned the option on, my car has not shown that message again it seems to have worked.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links