Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius vs CT200 vs CHR Hybrid

wildtapholer

I'll post this question on this site as I normally post on the Yaris site, what's the difference, does the Prius Hybrid  have the same engine and gear box as the Lexus CT200h, I notice they both have the small electronic gear selector and plus what of the CH-R Hybrid that does have a gear selector gear knob but what of the rest.

Hi, 

both cars has the same drive train, batteries and controls. 
Same performance and feel , same noise , basically very similar cars . 
The difference is in size and interiors.  
The Prius is bigger car , slightly softer on suspension with more headroom, legroom and larger boot. It does have more aerodynamic shape , smaller wheels and greater efficiency 10mpg more +/-5mpg depending on use and weather. 
Lexus has plusher interior, better and more soft touch materials, more sporty feel and more conventional look like a regular hatchback. Independent rear suspension and lower to the ground which will add to better handling in sharp turns at speeds. Ct200h are so low that most of them has damaged bottom corners of their front doors, some even started to rust at these spots, good to check. 
Both models has shift by wire electronic gear shifter where chr, Corolla and Yaris has hybrid shifter cable operated for parking P and electronic for the gears. 
Both cars are great choice especially if you are coming from non hybrid Toyota. Hybrids are the best cars to drive , they drive very similarly to electric cars and similar has low maintenance in direct comparison to petrol or diesel cars with manual or auto transmissions. 
If you about these two good to add to the list an Auris and Corolla hybrids. 
Note: except Corolla all others are high target for catalytic converter theft. 
Regards 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links