Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn off radio and increase volume on navigation

Gnillew

I have a brand new Yaris hybrid

how do you turn off the radio

how can you increase volume on the navigation

For navigation, you can use the volume button while the navigation sound is coming through the Speakers. Another way is to go into the settings asper the attached image from the manual.

As far as I know, there is no way to turn off the radio. I just "mute" the system, or if I am listening to music from a USB or from my phone via bluetooth, I use the pause setting.

sound_settings.jpg

• Like 1

try pressing the volume button for a second or two

• Like 2

@Gnillew you have the excel with I’m assuming the 9” headunit ?
If so, if you press the top Left button on the head unit for a few seconds the unit will turn off.

HOWEVER it will come back on again when you next start the car.

• Confused 1

But won't this turn off everything, not only the radio?

11 hours ago, Big_D said:

But won't this turn off everything, not only the radio?

Yes.  But I thought that’s what the OP wanted ?

He wanted radio off and gos system / routeplanner on.

I think in the left bottom corner of the screen there is a speaker symbol. If you push that, it mutes.

Just don't know if that mutes all sources or just the radio. Didn't try it out yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Toyota about the lack of an on/off button, apparently if you don't want the entertainment system to come on when starting the car early for work in the morning (and waking up the neighbours), you have to fiddle about with pre-selecting a source with no input, or reduce the volume to zero before turning off the engine.

I take it somebody thought this was an improvement.

(The Yaris cross is my wife's car)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daviduk said:

... apparently if you don't want the entertainment system to come on when starting the car early for work in the morning (and waking up the neighbours), you have to fiddle about with pre-selecting a source with no input,

That might be it. I have either bluetooth or USB selected as audio input, Waze talks to me through the bluetooth channel. I can't stand blathering radio, so I'm usually on silence when I drive. I might put music on for very long trips. As a younger'un I used to have music on all the time, and I still miss the shuffle album feature of my 5th gen iPod.

I have struggled with Car play, it comes up as a white background (probably mirroring my phone), and I really don't like that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links