Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Range in Cold Weather

dickfineman

Hi to all,

Just wanted to give an update on my 2022 Prius PHEV range, now it's less than 10°C most days and getting colder by the day.

My Range when fully charged is showing about 45 miles ! I'm certainly not getting this EV mileage...probably late 30's i guess; i do have some hills near me which is heavy on the Battery.

Just to mention, i also drive very slowly and economically...especially with all the 20mph speed limits now in Wales.

Is it normal to give such a high estimated EV Range in Winter even though i don't cover that Range ?

Many thanks.

That's not a bad charge. 

I've never had higher than 41 in summer - my average winter charge is usually around 32 - actual mileage probably down in the upper 20s during winter. We've had days, now, with temps below 5C.

It's rather hilly hereabouts too.

8% penalty for using any heat, though the chairs are ok.

In our three years, just shy of 10k miles, the onboard suggest an average of 126mpg. 

The range in any car is always a vague guess, even more so in EVs, and shouldn't be taken literally - They call it the GOM (Guess-O-Meter) for a reason!

Normally it slowly adjusts to how you drive, so it can be thrown off easily with sudden changes and has no concept of e.g. winter, so if you were getting that sort of range before when it was warmer, it probably still thinks you can and it'll take a bit before it revises its estimation down.

Many thanks for the feedback...i thought it worked in that way.

I don't expect to be doing 45 miles on a charge for the next 4 months even though i drive very slowly.

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links