Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV retrofit heated steering wheel?

Renquist

I got my car a few months ago and I’m missing the comfort of having a heated steering wheel, I know that the hybrid rav4 can have the heated wheel but is it possible to retro fit the OEM Toyota heated steering wheel along with the button to turn it on?

i guess this is possible but suggest it would cost an arm and a leg to do. i'd have loved the option myself and was very disappointed that it was not available. 

Probably expensive and the installation/parts wouldn't be covered by the new car warranty.

I had a heated steering wheel on my last car, a Jaguar R-Sport, when I got it I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but absolutely loved it.

I would have liked it on my Dynamic but unfortunately it was only available on the Excel, so back to wearing driving gloves 😢

2 hours ago, Renquist said:

I know that the hybrid rav4 can have the heated wheel but is it possible to retro fit the OEM Toyota heated steering wheel along with the button to turn it on?

The answer to those two questions must be 'yes'. You'd need to find the part number for the steering wheel as fitted to the Excel and swapping those over should be relatively straightforward. And there's almost certainly a blank in the space for the switch so that should be pretty easy too.

But the interesting question is whether the necessary wiring (and relay[s]?) are already fitted or would have to be sourced and added ... ?

• Like 1

Our vehicle is fitted with the heated steering wheel, I don't bother switching it on.

I have Rayund’s so have a heated steering wheel would be brilliant. Always cold hands and feet.

My Excel is the first car I've ever had with a heated steering wheel, I only switch it on for a few minutes on a cold morning but would miss it if it wasn't there. 

I had a heated wheel in my 330e and I thought I’d never use it but it was fantastic at this time of the year, I’m hoping the wiring will be in place, I’ll contact a dealer in the week and ask 🤞🏻

• Like 1

I'd definitely try the US RAV forums. Many there are constantly modding their RAVs so there may be useful knowledge there. What they've tried from dealer fit to other ideas.

I've never had a heated steering wheel but since one of the major ways for the body to stay warm is through a hot thing in your hands. Heats the blood. Some special forces gear I had some involvement with about 21 years ago. So I'm looking forward to giving it a go on the GR Sport R4P if and when I get one. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I cant wait to get my Rav4 in the next week or 2 but it does not have the heated steering wheel. I was looking on youtube and saw this guy installing one on a 2021 Rav4. I checked it out and have ordered one to put on mine when it arrives. I used his discount code too and got $100 off

This is the installation video  

This is the website for the heated steering wheel   https://cartrimhome.com/Replacement-Leather-Steering-Wheel-Upgraded-With-Heating-Function-For-Toyota-RAV4-2019-2024

This is a recent video and he gives a discount code to get $100 off. The code is FXP100USD

Hope this helps !

• Like 1

With mine having heated seats I fully expected a heated steering wheel but no, another one of Mr Toyota's foibles for a €60k car. To be honest I don't think I would be willing to pay this for a replacement especially with having Tyke blood in my veins. Also there could be warranty issues.

1 hour ago, GBgraham said:

With mine having heated seats I fully expected a heated steering wheel but no, another one of Mr Toyota's foibles for a €60k car. To be honest I don't think I would be willing to pay this for a replacement especially with having Tyke blood in my veins. Also there could be warranty issues.

It is the importers foibles, certainly in the UK the importers have some strange ideas about what customers want. They don’t seem to look at the competition. I am looking at getting a heated steering wheel cover as a compromise. 

3 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

It is the importers foibles, certainly in the UK the importers have some strange ideas about what customers want. They don’t seem to look at the competition. I am looking at getting a heated steering wheel cover as a compromise. 

ROCKBRS Winter Glove Cycling Electric Heated Gloves USB Rechargeable Touchscreen - Picture 1 of 10

• Like 1

Nope, no doubt great for motorcycling but far too bulky for driving purposes! 

On 2/8/2024 at 12:13 AM, Nollaig said:

I cant wait to get my Rav4 in the next week or 2 but it does not have the heated steering wheel. I was looking on youtube and saw this guy installing one on a 2021 Rav4. I checked it out and have ordered one to put on mine when it arrives. I used his discount code too and got $100 off

This is the installation video  

This is the website for the heated steering wheel   https://cartrimhome.com/Replacement-Leather-Steering-Wheel-Upgraded-With-Heating-Function-For-Toyota-RAV4-2019-2024

This is a recent video and he gives a discount code to get $100 off. The code is FXP100USD

Hope this helps !

That wheel looks really good, it must feel great when held. I don't need a heating function, but I would replace it just for the sake of its shape.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links