Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Mile Range

Hussainh

Hi All,

I've had a Auris Hybrid 2014 for a few months now but whenever I full tank the car the cruising range never has been more than 330 Miles which from talking to other Hybrid owners (Prius/Auris/Lexus) seems really poor. 

It's a Hatchback Excel model, I've had the EGR and Maf sensor all cleaned recently which made a difference on the driving but not on the range.

Is that simple what it is or is there something that can be causing this?

Appreciate any help thank you.

Hi, 

range or fuel consumption displayed on dashboard  can be different from real world. Best practice is to fill up full , drive for 200 miles and refill full again. Calculate your consumption and compare to the dashboard readings. 
Reset your trips info and fuel use and re check after another 200 miles. These cars should do around 400+ miles in current season. 

• Like 3

It may just be down to how and where you're driving; My colleague gets similar mileage, but we know why - His commute is much shorter than mine and he lives at the bottom of a hill, so the first journey of the day is always a slow deathcrawl up and then back down the hill in heavy traffic.

When he used to drive it to france for holidays, he could nearly doubled his mileage over the journey :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

It may just be down to how and where you're driving; My colleague gets similar mileage, but we know why - His commute is much shorter than mine and he lives at the bottom of a hill, so the first journey of the day is always a slow deathcrawl up and then back down the hill in heavy traffic.

When he used to drive it to france for holidays, he could nearly doubled his mileage over the journey :laugh: 

Agreed, my mpg at the moment is struggling to make 50mpg at times dropping from 60+ in the summer but we live in a hilly area and I'm doing quite a few short trips ATM where the ICE is running most of the time. I have the display set to Tank Average and it does struggle up to mid 50's overall and MyT indicates far better economy at times.

• Like 2

In all my years experience with Toyota and driving Hybrids for 25 years, that seems typical MPG for an older model. Without doubt the most significant effect on MPG is weather/type of driving/driver, very rare for a fault to give poor MPG on it's own without other symptoms. My CHR has dropped from just under 60 MPG to (currently) 50.1 MPG over the last few months 

• Like 4

It might be worth checking your tyre pressures too if you're not in a habit of it - Mine were well down due to the cold, and after I pumped them back up I got a good chunk of mpg back; Still not up to summer levels but at least back into the 70's, vs where it was struggling to get past the mid 60s before!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses, I'll keep an eye on tyre pressure. I recently did top them up and from the last I managed to get an extra 60 miles onto of the cruise range mix of local/motorway. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links