Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New DCDC low temperature charging issue?

Nick72

Got this letter today. I didn't know if this is the same or a different DCDC issue to the one they informed me about in the summer. I'm booked in for that on Monday but unable to get through to service at my dealership. They seem to go AWOL from 1200 till 1400 each day. 

Anyone had similar and can shed light on what's going on.

I was particularly alarmed by the IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.... BELOW 5C. Which to be honest I plug my car in all the time when it gets cold so I can preconditioning without depleting the traction Battery and it improves range thereafter because of the now warmed up Battery (by virtue of heat pump HVAC integration).

I'm going to be especially annoyed if I bring the car on Monday and they say I need to rebook for more DCDC attention. Especially since they let me down when it was booked in around August for service and the DCDC SB, which they didn't do. That's the second time it had happened.

20231214_130122.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think that is the same one I had done a little while ago. They will change the whole converter for a new one.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Got this letter today. I didn't know if this is the same or a different DCDC issue to the one they informed me about in the summer. I'm booked in for that on Monday but unable to get through to service at my dealership. They seem to go AWOL from 1200 till 1400 each day. 

Anyone had similar and can shed light on what's going on.

I was particularly alarmed by the IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.... BELOW 5C. Which to be honest I plug my car in all the time when it gets cold so I can preconditioning without depleting the traction battery and it improves range thereafter because of the now warmed up battery (by virtue of heat pump HVAC integration).

I'm going to be especially annoyed if I bring the car on Monday and they say I need to rebook for more DCDC attention. Especially since they let me down when it was booked in around August for service and the DCDC SB, which they didn't do. That's the second time it had happened.

20231214_130122.jpg

I got mine replaced yesterday and I've been told the part became available recently, so you should be able to book the replacement.

• Like 1

Excellent. If that's the case it should all be sorted on Monday. But, based on past experience it is not guaranteed with my dealer.

14 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Excellent. If that's the case it should all be sorted on Monday. But, based on past experience it is not guaranteed with my dealer.

It appears to be a relatively easy fix, back seat out so no messing around. Mine was the first the dealer had done and said that after mine the rest would be easier to do.

• Thanks 1

This is the same campaign number as was issued a few months ago.

i finally got mine changed last month after 2 months of being told by my dealer that the part hadn’t been released by Toyota which obviously it had based on feedback on this forum. I ended up ringing Toyota Uk who confirmed there wasn’t an issue with part availability. The issue was resolved a few days later.

• Like 1

Why do some dealers make life so difficult. Saying the part is not available when I got mine done in May and my dealers got the part in 24 hours!

It’s all down to the people. The service guy I used to deal with was excellent but left at the start of the year to pursue other interests. Shame as it hasn’t been the same since. The service manager is still there but very much back room and not customer facing.

if I recall, the delay was due to the dealer having to request the replacement DCDC converter from Toyota UK and not just wait for it to be sent out

On 12/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, Phil E said:

This is the same campaign number as was issued a few months ago.

i finally got mine changed last month after 2 months of being told by my dealer that the part hadn’t been released by Toyota which obviously it had based on feedback on this forum. I ended up ringing Toyota Uk who confirmed there wasn’t an issue with part availability. The issue was resolved a few days later.

Same issue. My appointment now pushed back from today to Friday. Lastminute.com 

If it gets delayed for a 4th time I'll be driving into the dealership. I mean through the dealership window. 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this affect all Rav4 PHEV's, as I haven't received a  letter and this forum is the first I have heard of this?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, srt said:

Does this affect all Rav4 PHEV's, as I haven't received a  letter and this forum is the first I have heard of this?

Probably not. It would appear that they got a batch of dodgy DC-DC Converters - if your car got one from the batch, you should get the letter and have it replaced; if not, there's nothing to worry about.

If you are worried, you could ask your dealer to check-up for you ...

Or, of course, check the Toyota Recall Checker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, srt said:

I think the ‘22 model is OK and not affected by the recall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had mine done just recently. Such a faff decamping all the zombie apocalypse gear packed into every nook and cranny. I only take it out to avoid the very small risk of robbery and potential argument. But there's a lot and probably about a grand or more worth. Enough to live off grid in a mountain forest indefinitely.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links