Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris SR 1.6 Sudden Bad Fuel Consumption

Mr.H

Hi all,

I have had my Toyota Auris 1.6 V-Matic since 2017 at 28k miles and has now just turned just over 105k. Since my ownership it has been absolutely faultless with just replacement of wear and tear items. 

However, I recently changed my tyres to a full set of Dunlop Direzza DZ102. I have released since then my fuel consumption has gone down quite abit. A full tank used to get me approx. 400 miles, which has now gone down to approx. 300 miles. I believe these are steel belted, so could these be the issue as they're heavier/stiffer?

Previously I always used Bridgestone Turanza T005 which were very good., but got these Dunlops with a good discount hence the change.

Thank you.

The T005 are one of the best fuel saving tyres around. I have no knowledge about those Dunlops, but check its label.

I loved the Bridgestones on my former Yaris Mk2. Very good tyres and I bought them after I saw the Tyre Reviews video. Very well recommended. Safe and economical.

Bump. Would like to get more opinions please, even though the issue seems to be with the tyres. Anyone can confirm if the Bridgestone Turanza 6 are any good as I believe they're replacement for the T005?  

If you've got 17 inch wheels, you may buy them. I don't know how much economy you will get from them, compared to the T005. There are some reviews online.

Check your tyre pressures if you haven't.

Tyre pressures are at around 35psi. This matches the tyre info sticker on the door with the amount of luggage/people I have in the car.  

56 minutes ago, Mr.H said:

Tyre pressures are at around 35psi. This matches the tyre info sticker on the door with the amount of luggage/people I have in the car.  

So it’s more of the cold weather than a tyre types especially as your tyres are  properly inflated as you have stated the fuel consumption difference between most efficient and worse ones will be between 3-4, 5 at max mpg. 
Tyres types , sizes , construction does affect indeed the car free rolling and fuel consumption but the pressures are at greater importance and again the weather. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Update, just bought a set of Bridgestone Turanza T005 and have been running them on the car for a few weeks. I've noticed a considerable increase in MPG already. Thanks all. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links