Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

Chally

Got an 01 plate Mr2 last year and insured through TOYOTA for £400 fully comp. just had a renewal through from them and now its £625, to the best of my knowledge I've not had any claims in the last 12 month, I've not fitted Nitrus nor have I fitted half a plastic factory of bodykit. The car is the same bog standard 12 month older car, was the £400 just a con from TOYOTA to sell the car I ask myself. :ph34r: at least ***** Turpin wore a mask

I've not had any claims in the last 12 month, I've not fitted Nitrus nor have I fitted half a plastic factory of bodykit.

Richard Turpin 'the dandy highwayman' rode a horse and held up stage coaches

:D

i think you'll practically everyone iin the country's insurance will have gone up quite a bit in the last 12 months. think about how many incidents there have been this year, both on the roads, buildings etc etc.

I know its **** annoying, im gonna be looking at about £1200 to insure a gt-Four (jap import) in the next few weeks. (i know its a sports car, and imported but....) even if i was to renew the insurance on my corolla it is going to be about £80 more even though i've got another years no-claims

Plus i blame all the thieving **** who put personal injury and whiplash claims in even though they havn't been injured!

Rant over! (not aimed at anyone in particular)

Insurance companies are known in the business to under value the first year that you go with them. Many people go around with their mind on other things with the insurance on direct debit, so when the 2nd year renewal activates it will increase. So many people wont even notice and if they do they will scream and moan but wont do anything about it. The insurer then gets away with the increase. Though you do have to take into account normal increases, inflation, change in the market, 1 in 20 cars are uninsured (which you will pay for in the long run) Oh and not forgetting my wages! :lol:

Best thing, shop around each year. If you get a cheap quote tell your insurer they may match it :thumbsup:

i just got a quote for a n plate celica GT with zaust wheels lowered n filter flux quated me 660 fully comp full legal cover glass cover courtesy car and third party on any other vehicle

sorry to gloat but i think its quite good considering im 23

but i have been with them for 3 years and i think that counts a bit for them

ed

I've never been able to stick with the same insurance company 2 years in a row. They seem to think they can charge what they want for the 2nd year cos you'll be too lazy to shop around.

The first year I was paying £1,038 and they wanted to put it up to £2,600 even though I'm a year older, got a year's no claims, and a years worth of driving experience, compared to none at all the previous year. Makes no sense.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links