Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

Matthew Griffiths

hello everyone, Thanks for letting me join, I'm new to online stuff, wrong generation for computers lol, hope I don't get the etiquette wrong. My name is Matthew and am proud to be a very lucky owner of a Toyota Hiace 2.8 Diesel 4wd 1993 campervan, I have enjoyed reading your articles and can see you really love your vehicles, looking forward to being a part of your group. Have a happy Christmas and new year . Best wishes to you all. Matthew from Shropshire uk

• Like 2

Hi Matthew, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it.:smile:

Hello Matthew - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome, I'm new to this type of thing, I'm a bit like a caveman who was the last to find out about fire, and who didn't want to get burnt 😆 my first question is do you all have a goal and a concept for your Toyota, I do it's how impressed I am with the workmanship and thought put in to produce a great vechle, my van is 30 years old and in good shape and it turns heads where ever I go, I wanted to look after it and pay it the respect its is worthy of, it gives me great joy, but I'm not a great mechanic and it would be great if I had a little help and give a little help. Matthew 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and best wishes for the New Year. 

I am also new here and old and I don't know how to introduce myself in the new members section, apologies. I purchased my Hi-ace campervan two years ago and I absolutely love the layout high roof and lots of opening windows and how it drives, auto 2.8cc, heater speed etc compered to the VW campervan I had nearly years ago, it's modern to me.

My only issues has been the introduction of the ULEZ,  because I live in Shepherd's Bush west London. The first year it was introduced I kept it on the border and cycled the 4 miles to get to it, no parking restrictions, and lived with the inconvenience of this then it was extended, nightmare. I'm considering moving, but that is not so easy at my age and having lived here for so long family friends and hobbies lifestyle etc but I really like this van and it would see my grand children out if I had any, lol. It doesn't seem right to get rid of these good vehicles when they already exist compared to the carbon footprint of making a new electric one, which the car manufacturers never mention in there glossy adverts. And we know that ALL vehicles will soon be paying per mile. Because he has all the cameras in place to do this and the technology has existed in modern cars for years, probley similar to the diesel fiasco a few years ago, and revenue. Looking forward to shearing information on here and finding out about anything to do with the Hi-ace, parts maintenence add ons etc and campervaning trips, ie Greece especially best wishes, jim 

• Like 1

Hi James, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it. 

The general discussions forum is used for many subjects such as ULEZ and you can find related posts if you go through the various pages. If you wish to start a subject yourself click on general discussions and press start new topic, give the post a title and enter any text in the box then when done press post. Hope this helps:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links