Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote locking the car -distance from the car for the keyfob

Comfy

As above my keyfob for some reason when blipping the fob to open the car i can from a normal distance but, when locking the car i have to have the fob literally next to the right hand wind mirror (or very close to the car) - ive changed the Battery and that doesnt make any difference and thats with both keys (so its not the keys) - i cant pin a time when its started to happen...kinda didnt really notice...

Anyone seen that?

Cheers to anyone that takes a run at it...

No, mine responds at 10 meters or more. I normally use the lock sensor in the door's handle, though.

I have found it varies - and very much depends on where you’ve parked.  There’s a Retail Park near me where I need to get to within 1 metre.before it’ll activate. Back home I can be 10-15m away to do the same thing.

At the back of the park there’s a Three UK mobile tower and this appears to swamp the tiny power from my iQ key, meaning I need to get closer.  Since the cellular band is very close to the car key remote it not an uncommon occurrence.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links