Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spare Wheel

Yowsah

I have a 2021 2ltr Touring Sports GR sport. I would like to fit a full-sized spare (18”) into the spare wheel recess in the load bay and was wondering if anyone else had done this or has knowledge to know if this is possible.

I think it would be better to put it up on axle stands and remove one of your wheels and see if it fits and the floor closes , them 18's are quite chunky, I know with my space saver wheel there's not much room above it. Maybe the tourer as more depth in the boot compared to the hatchback.

• Like 1

Good idea to check with your own wheel. 
The TS especially the 2.0 has higher boot floor as the Battery is fitted there too, it might be ok for full size wheel but 18” best to physically check. 👍 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The TS especially the 2.0 has higher boot floor as the battery is fitted there too, it might be ok for full size wheel but 18” best to physically check. 👍 

I think you're getting confused there Tony, the TS Battery is not under the boot floor. It's on one side of the boot in the 2.0 and under the bonnet in the 1.8, but both have the boot floor at the same level.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

The TS especially the 2.0 has higher boot floor as the battery is fitted there too, it might be ok for full size wheel but 18” best to physically check. 👍 

The 2.0 TS has Battery in the space behind the rear wheel arch (drivers side) so boot height is unaffected over the 1.8

• Like 2

I have a 225 profile (225/50/16) on a winter steel rim as my spare in my TS. It fits fine below the rear deck (when on the upper level). 

• Like 2

BTW - I got the hardware (jack and hold down screw) from Parts King (on this forum. Great service and very good prices. I got an extending brace from Amazon

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links