Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What is ACC on an IG - question for the android car tablet

Vins213

Hello there,

I have installed the Junsun V1 pro and I have no problems with that. But I have a little question: if I click once the power button (Yaris Hybrid 2017), the car system takes the energy from the 12v Battery (call it PWR mode)...if I click a long time or twice the power button without pressing the brake pedal, I have the ACC mode....then with the brake pedal pressed> ready mode (IG)

the junsun starts booting up when the car is in the power position, so when take energy from the 12v (not ACC mode)...does the OEM radio start on ACC or PWR mode?

I'm sure the normal radio comes on even on that first press (when the car is OFF and NOT ready), and in normal key start cars, soon as the key is turned to ACC, the radio unit comes on powered off Battery.  

I've got no experience with the Junsun, but check its settings and make sure - if one exists - you set it to a suitable 'auto power off' setting, to avoid it being left on and draining your Battery. Especially for the coming months for your battery's sake. 

6 minutes ago, SB1500 said:

I'm sure the normal radio comes on even on that first press (when the car is OFF and NOT ready), and in normal key start cars, soon as the key is turned to ACC, the radio unit comes on powered off battery.  

I've got no experience with the Junsun, but check its settings and make sure - if one exists - you set it to a suitable 'auto power off' setting, to avoid it being left on and draining your battery. Especially for the coming months for your battery's sake. 

the junsun does not drain energy, it shuts down when the car turns off

so the OEM radio turns on when you click once the pwr button? I have 2 yaris, one keyless and the other one has the key...with the key on pwr the radio does not turn on, but it does when in ACC

the hybrid has 3 modes with the start/stop button:
1. one single click with no pedal pressed: PWR from 12v, only lights working
2. two single clicks with no pedal pressed OR a long press with no pedal pressed: ACC mode
3. long press with brake pedal: IG and ready

1 minute ago, Vins213 said:

the junsun does not drain energy, it shuts down when the car turns off

so the OEM radio turns on when you click once the pwr button? I have 2 yaris, one keyless and the other one has the key...with the key on pwr the radio does not turn on, but it does when in ACC

the hybrid has 3 modes with the start/stop button:
1. one single click with no pedal pressed: PWR from 12v, only lights working
2. two single clicks with no pedal pressed OR a long press with no pedal pressed: ACC mode
3. long press with brake pedal: IG and ready

My Toyota is just a standard key start.  Hopefully someone with a Hybrid (same year as your Yaris even) with OEM radio can test that for you to be 100% sure. 

If you can let us know what the head unit is like to live with I'd love to read that, once you're all sorted. 

2 minutes ago, SB1500 said:

If you can let us know what the head unit is like to live with I'd love to read that, once you're all sorted.

I have the Junsun V1 pro top performance bought a year ago on a chinese website 🙂 such as ali...... 🙂 

it works great with wireless Apple carplay and a lot of information such as tyre pressure or EQ

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vins213 said:

I have the Junsun V1 pro top performance bought a year ago on a chinese website 🙂 such as ali...... 🙂 

it works great with wireless apple carplay and a lot of information such as tyre pressure or EQ

I'd really love Apple CarPlay. Toyed with the idea of getting some of those cheap wire in modules for the Touch & Go 2 system... then ripping it out with a cheap Pioneer unit / fascia from the Avensis with the basic radio..  So far haven't, but I miss it from my DS3 days.   

Hope it works well for you. It certainly cannot be any worse than the built in system! hahaha  I brought myself around to learning to live with the T&G2 as it had the traffic and fuel prices for 25 a year.  Then when I renewed... they took that option away.. only 111 now for map plus one year of traffic / fuel.  If they think that means I'm suddenly going to trade my car in , they are wrong!  Might copy you and buy a new head unit, job's a goodin'. 

• Haha 1

It has full-time power, ACC, IG, or SW live stays live with the ignition on (Hybrids turn off the ACC after 15 mins) aftermarket head units like these Android ones use the acc as a boot/shutdown trigger and they can stay powered up when turning the car off to fully shutdown

If Android doesn't shut down correctly the headunit may not turn off

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

aftermarket head units like these Android ones use the acc as a boot/shutdown

so, if I have my car NOT in ACC mode, the HU shouldn't boot up

Just now, flash22 said:

correct, unless there's a setting in the menus to leave it on

in the HU menu? I have all things setted on OFF (sleeping mode, faster boot...)

now if I click the start/stop button to see my 12v Volts, the junsun turns on and my 12v does the job

First click: ACC (display and radio)

Second click: ON (all the other electronic things)

Third click: OFF or with the pedal brake pressed> READY

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links