Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E12 Corolla 3dr rear panel removal

NTT

Hi,

As per the title, I am looking into removing the left and right rear panels for a speaker update. So maybe you can view this as a 2 part question. I did a search and found several topics which talk about the removal or the speaker part. Like this one

But the problem is, the link Necron posted is no longer available. I've read that in the rear panel you could fit 16,5cm Speakers with an adapter ring? Can someone perhaps share their wisdom as to how to remove the rear panel (without breaking stuff) and advice on rear Speakers?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

There are a few pages on the interior trim removal etc in the Haynes workshop manual including a bit on the B and C pillar trims for the 3 door and a mention about the Parcel shelf speaker , which we assume is the 3 door ?

When we got our 5 door thought about upgrading the front and back Speakers, but forum opinion at the time suggested for front occupants, upgrading the rear Speakers would do little to enhance the sound.

We replace the fronts with some same sized Pioneer Speakers along with separate tweeters mounted  where the wing mirror covers are,  the tweeter wiring was already there in the doors.     Also put some sound deadening pads on the door panel behind the speakers.  When done, it  was quiet a dramatic improvement and never given replacing the rears a second thought after that.

Many say replacing the head unit give a much better sound, but have recently fitted a cheap double din touch screen head unit and  though a slightly different sound it was not an amazing improvement sound wise, still it only cost £25 new  with reversing camera !

000895.thumb.jpg.0a00b3d0bc7fb7bc69cdcb53487c1842.jpgradio.thumb.png.5f365bd87590f72b6dd2bf9898f06db0.png

I will have look see

I couldn't find much on the 3 door hatch

lift the back seat 1 screw at the bottom 1 screw/push clip towards the back of the car the rest are just clips, also check the bottom of the cup holder

209c97c5d77e28befab474cb75e36894-955x659

https://www.rideround.nl/en/product/interior-side-panel-corolla-e12-3-drs-right-used/

That looks like a good schematic, will give it a go next weekend! Appreciated 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links