Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excel Bluetooth connectivity

Louie

There appear to be issues with Toyota software connectivity relating to more than one iPhone owner. When my spouse borrowed the Excel i had some minor issues setting up her iPhone until I turned off the Bluetooth connectivity on my iPhone and after much messing around I managed the get the Excel to recognise and configure two separate iphones. The fun started when i tried to drive and tried to use my Iphone as a sole occupant of the vehicle despite enabling bluetooth connectivity on my  mobile. The Toyota system seemed to get glued to my spouse's Ihone even though she was no longer in and nowhere near the vehicle.

The whole thing is a mess and Toyota have lost the plot and I am hacked off being a beta tester for their bug ridden systems. I my opinion the car has become undriveable because of the plethora of problems and messages i still keep getting on the display screen which you cant turn off and is very distracting and dangerous when you are driving. I am very close to handing this car back to the dealer with a large sign stuck on it stating "UNFIT FOR PURPOUSE". I think  for such an expensive vehicle these issues should have been ironed out before it went on sale.

I share your grief. I have posted before about being unable to get my car to allow me to access car play after being able to before. Despite some advice on here I cannot do it. This means I cannot use Waze maps but hey ho welcome to Toyota tech.

• Like 1

Hi seetek all a bit weird  I use Waze all the time but have had the occasional blip with connectivity issues but now that I have ironed my gremlins as described below so far so good.

You probably might be aware of this  already so please forgive me for pointing this out.

1. Make sure that your Mobile bluetooth  is activated.

2. Make sure that something like Apple Car Play is activated, connected  and working or the Android equivalent.

3. If you have any other device using bluetooth in your car it will interfere with you prime bluetooth connectivity to the car muitimedia system.

4. If your car is used for carrying folk who have mobiles switched with bluetooth connectivity active your connection to the Toyota multimedia system will fail.

The above comments are simply my own events experienced with my 20123 Corolla Excel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links