Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Urban Cruiser – Alpine ILX702D

UrbanCruiserMadeinJapan

previously the standard CD player which sounded alright. Has bluetooth for phone but way too obsolete.IMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.2c72491ac0bcf0891a8a3cb803edcd00.jpeg

Toyota B9021 ideally replacement (as pictured from brochure) by the time I looked at replacing the standard plain CD head unit in ‘20 the Toyota B9021 floating about eBay are commanding £120-£200 and about 10 years used so quite an expensive gamble if its riddled with surprise errors

IMG_5280.jpeg

The Scion XD is the USA Toyota Urban Cruiser. Here is the Scion XD interior with the factory Alpine unit (for USA models only) as you can see the fascia trim and even the trim around the cup holders is black in colour ( which I think is nicer ) than the silver trim colour in Japanese and UK IST / Urban CruiserIMG_5281.thumb.jpeg.f387add5e02f941bd4d6fdb19901579a.jpeg  ….. also noting the climate controls ( which are switches and dials instead of the digital LCD display controls) def prefer digital LCD display controls

Toyota IST (Urban Cruiser J  D M) with a Japanese domestic market GPS headunit. It looks good but probably would work with great difficulty in UK (except for DVD playback also region 2) usually JDM sat nav headunits have Japanese menus (not a problem for me) and a shorter FM wave band than UK/Europe. (btw USA FM wave band only on odd number increments) Toyota IST (Urban Cruiser J  D M) head unit does look good think it’s Fujitsu ten or Panasonic / Matsu****a …. could be Pioneer 🤔

IMG_5283.png

The extortionate prices of “Toyota B9010” with no guarantee of longevity forced me to make the best decision and to get an Alpine installed. I got the ILX702D, Made in Japan! works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto fine so GoogleMaps / Waze is brill. Has normal UK Europe FM tuner . Most importantly the sound - I did not get an upgraded amp or Speakers (but I did run a reverse camera which is integrated in the rear number plate lamp - looks factory but it’s generic aftermarket part whereby the fitting shape is shared with the 2013 Auris ie compatible with 2009/10 Urban Cruiser perfectly) Anyway Alpine ILX702D in Toyota Cruiser sounds fantastic like really really really good! So much better than the factory CD player. I’ve got connections for steering wheel controls and FM antennae. Alpine ILX702D comes with GPS antennae. All the extra wiring bits and connections you can get cheap of eBay new (i got HDMI in & out cable, rca video / stereo input and urban cruiser steering wheel controls and FM aerial connector wires of eBay). Head unit less than £420 in 2021 and installation inc rear cam wiring cost me £100 in Stamford Hill. I’ve set the lighting of the buttons of the Alpine ILX702D to match the orange lighting of the  Urban Cruiser e.g. the digital climate control display that illuminates orange so it really looks stock! Also the head unit has the nice blue “Alpine” start up screen when you switch on the car so that also looks really cool.

64330408609__9E022EBB-4498-469B-81C0-2AF6E65FB4A9.jpeg  Google Maps CarPlay

IMG_5258.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg
Alpine ILX702D 🍊 LED matches 🍊 Urban Cruiser LCD

IMG_5222.jpeg

Subject.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2023 at 10:34 PM, UrbanCruiserMadeinJapan said:

The extortionate prices of “Toyota B9010” with no guarantee of longevity forced me to make the best decision and to get an Alpine installed. I got the ILX702D, Made in Japan! works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto fine so GoogleMaps / Waze is brill. Has normal UK Europe FM tuner . Most importantly the sound - I did not get an upgraded amp or speakers (but I did run a reverse camera which is integrated in the rear number plate lamp - looks factory but it’s generic aftermarket part whereby the fitting shape is shared with the 2013 Auris ie compatible with 2009/10 Urban Cruiser perfectly) Anyway Alpine ILX702D in Toyota Cruiser sounds fantastic like really really really good! So much better than the factory CD player. I’ve got connections for steering wheel controls and FM antennae. Alpine ILX702D comes with GPS antennae. All the extra wiring bits and connections you can get cheap of eBay new (i got HDMI in & out cable, rca video / stereo input and urban cruiser steering wheel controls and FM aerial connector wires of eBay). Head unit less than £420 in 2021 and installation inc rear cam wiring cost me £100 in Stamford Hill. I’ve set the lighting of the buttons of the Alpine ILX702D to match the orange lighting of the  Urban Cruiser e.g. the digital climate control display that illuminates orange so it really looks stock! Also the head unit has the nice blue “Alpine” start up screen when you switch on the car so that also looks really cool.

64330408609__9E022EBB-4498-469B-81C0-2AF6E65FB4A9.jpeg  Google Maps CarPlay

IMG_5258.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg
Alpine ILX702D 🍊 LED matches 🍊 Urban Cruiser LCD

IMG_5222.jpeg

Subject.png

Please can you help me , where did you find this frame for radio. Please see the pic. Thx in advance urban.thumb.png.9effb35c76a896e44d4c0a711d162459.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links