Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 RAV4 Aftermarket Stereo and factory camera

IainJ

Hi all, 

I'm new here so please go easy on me 🙂. 

I recently got a 2012 Rav 4 and fitted a Pioneer aftermarket radio as I wanted Android auto and DAB. 

So far I've fitted the unit and I've got steering control working, DAB, FM Radio and Android Auto working wirelessly which is good but I'm struggling with the factory fitted reversing camera. 

I was told I needed this kit I've linked below

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/cam-ty1-rt-toyota-camry-fortuner-hilux-innova-prado-reverse-camera-retention-interface.html?search=cam-ty1

Me and my mechanic friend tried fitting the above but we didn't get any signal from the reverse camera. So I phoned up connect2 and they said that wasn't compatible with my year of Rav and needed to buy the below unit.

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/cam-ty2-rt-toyota-hilux-landcruiser-prius-rav4-sequoia-reverse-camera-retention-interface.html

I've pulled the stereo out and there is no compatible fitting on the existing harness so I'm not sure where to go with this.

Could someone please give some advice.

Thanks Iain. 

• 4 weeks later...

When I fitted mine I had to use a voltage converter to power the camera separately as the replacement head unit didn't give the correct voltage to run the camera.
My model RAV4's camera only needed 6 volts so I cut the power feed from the new head unit and connected the camera power feed to to my adapter - worked perfectly 👍🏼

IMG_1148.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links