Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Inaccurate fuel consumption reading Urban Cruiser

Egis123

Hello everyone,

When driving in straight highway road the real-time fuel consumption reading on my 2010 diesel 1.4 urban cruiser says 5L/100 km then suddenly says 10-12L/100 km, while driving at the same speed, no incline, just straight road. Then after a while (10-20 min) it goes back to normal. When refueling the reading on the trip computer does not match properly.

When estimated range goes to 0km, i still have 5-6 litters left in tank when i refuel

P.S (Also is there a way to reset average fuel consumption because only when refueling it resets)

My first guess is it's the DPF regen cycle injecting diesel into the exhaust to burn off soot in the DPF

• Like 1

As regards the fuel tank, Toyota allow for a generous reserve and when the low fuel light comes on, the tank has reached the reserve rather than being empty. So, depending on model, a reserve of 5-6 litres can be quite normal.

If you look in your owners manual index for 'warning lights', and then 'low fuel light', that will provide an indication of how much fuel is remaining (ie. the reserve) when the low fuel light illuminates.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links